At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
Core Job Duties (others may be added):
- Responsible for overall program management of large, complex Innovation programs by driving the completion of the following: project start-up, planning, scheduling, budgeting, issue identification and mitigation, implementation and measurement.
- Manage progression of projects through the idea pipeline and coordinate portfolio reporting across all projects to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and other external teams.
- Manage multiple key stakeholders and provide project updates as well as identify risks and mitigation strategies.
- Work with Innovation Directors to ensure smooth operations of projects including coordination across internal teams to ensure NDAs, sourcing, testing, prototyping, etc. are facilitated and executed to ensure timely project completion.
- Work with Innovation Directors to manage external and strategic innovation partners to ensure team responsiveness and smooth and professional execution of resulting open innovation initiatives.
- Manage the operations of the team and organize all elements of the Innovation Steering Committee ensuring action items are completed and ideas are captured and routed to the team for follow up.
- Work across all SBUs to ensure SBU-led innovation & IEQ activities are captured and work with finance to ensure accurate reporting of innovation metrics for the annual report, DJSI, Enterprise Risk Management process and all other enterprise processes that require innovation input.
- Work with communications and outside vendors/consultants to coordinate all innovation & IEQ related communications/marketing and education campaigns with the innovation team & the Center as well as the associated steering committee (internally & externally) including the administration of innovation/IEQ initiatives and contests to build the innovation pipeline and build the Trane Technologies brand as an innovative company.
- Management of all innovation & Center related digital assets (internal & external) in partnership with innovation directors, center manager, marketing & comms).
- Some overnight travel may be required on a limited basis.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering (or related field) and at least 7 years' work experience in NPD program management (stage-gate and/or agile) is required.
- Project Management (PMI) Certification is preferred.
- Prior experience in a large company setting with innovation teams, an incubator or managing early stage new product development processes (including the launch of large market facing programs)
- Prior experience managing programs with large stakeholder groups including customers, external councils and/or senior executives
- Ability to understand and synthesize technical requirements of the ambiguous, early stage projects and translate those requirements into actionable work activities with identified risks and interdependencies.
- Ability to manage projects in both a phase-gate and agile methodologies
- Ability to work with a lot of ambiguity while driving to tangible project outcomes and holding stakeholders accountable
- Technical background a plus; with the ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Ability to have fun with a diverse and dynamic team!!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.