At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including minorities, females, individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and United States qualified protected veterans
The Global Marketing Leader for the Material Handling Business Unit will support marketing activities required to deliver growth, support our channel partners/end users and achieve financial commitments. This is a key role within the sales organization reporting to the VP of Global Sales. This role will collaborate with key stakeholders in the business to ensure the marketing plan is developed, aligned and executed along the strategic direction of the business.
This person will be responsible for:
- Create marketing and commercialization plans to generate market demand strategies for new and existing products working in close collaboration with the Sales, Product Management and Aftermarket teams. Monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing activities by analyzing results to improve adjust and increase ROI. Generate and execute advertising plan and branding strategies aligned with business strategy.
- Create an awareness campaign for existing and new product opportunities regionally and globally.
- Identify, plan and execute industry trade and customer shows (virtual and brick & mortar) in support of channel and product strategies. Engage with other business units to leverage resources and tools during such events.
- Contribute to public relations campaigns with guidance and recommendations for PR team on interviews and articles, press releases, case studies and speaking opportunities. Actively manage our connectivity with industry trade associations such as MHI for opportunities to raise brand awareness.
- In collaboration with the SBU digital team, ensure digital strategy is developed and aligned with overall SBU marketing strategy. Create and administer a social media strategy / footprint in collaboration with communication team.
- Manage and create content for the website on a global basis, web strategy and site updates post in collaboration with product management.
- Managing and enhancing Distributor Portal content, usage and awareness.
- Develop and execute promotional activities to support business / product objectives.
- Manage the redesign, translation and global rollout of new product literature. Manage literature inventory, needed updates and ensure global availability of all materials through the literature fulfillment system.
- Manage Distributor Value Program (DVP) – create, update contractual and commercial programs with core global distribution network. Lead global distributor council
- Market Analytics – Analyze global trends to aid in commercial regional decision making
- Value Proposition/ Communication
- Strong, clear, direct communication style with strong, persuasive presentation skills.
- Develop a communication strategy that aligns with the business strategic growth programs and product market segments.
- Ensure that the value proposition of the offering is clearly communicated internally and to the commercial team, channel partners, and consumers.
- Sales Strategy
- Understands sales process and procedures to ensure products are positioned and commercialized effectively.
- Ensure the sales force has the support they need to implement the marketing strategy and plan.
- Leads by example—drives team enthusiasm—inspires & energizes.
- Creative, thinks out of the box; thinks strategically, with a bias to execution.
- Passion for excellence in people, processes and products.
- 8 years of increasing responsibility in marketing, product management and/or sales
- A track record of demonstrated success in industrial markets is strongly preferred
- A track record of delivering outstanding tangible results in a high performance environment
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA is valued
- Travel up to 15%
- Experience with marketing software including:
- Google Analytics and Google Ad Words
- Abobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Experience Manager
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.