Cobham Mission Systems in Davenport, Iowa is seeking anElectronics Manufacturing Engineer II.
- Manufacturing liaison with Design/Sustaining Engineering on electronic circuit boards
- Lead for electronics assembly best-practices, including ESD and FOD
- ME lead working to improve internal and subcontracted electronics quality and reliability
- Leads cost-out events and promotes a culture of continuous improvement
- Applies Lean-Manufacturing and 6-Sigma Techniques as a means to eliminate waste, reduce process variation and to deliver products that meet customer expectations
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products
- Conducts Design for Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable
- Develops work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates and to identify opportunities for cost reduction
- Participates in new product development projects using the Cobham Lifecycle Management Process to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules
- Develops and integrates new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business
- Composes Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies
- Provides training to operators on new improvement processes as required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or in another discipline with 2 years of experience in Electronics Manufacturing Engineer role
- 3 years of total engineering experience in industry
- 2 years of experience designing, testing and/or fabricating electronic circuit boards
- 1 year of manufacturing engineering experience with electronic components
- 1 year of experience with Lean/6-Sigma/Continuous Improvement best practices
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Aerospace electronics systems development, design or test experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- 2 years of Lean Manufacturing experience
- Product life cycle management experience
- AS9100/TS16949 and/or AS9145 (APQP) experience
For moreinformation regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there,please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust,Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir AlanCobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-artaerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators todaythat will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world'sleading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support ofleading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Ourclients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-criticaltechnology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for ourpeople. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years,driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing fullguidance and mentoring.
Cobhamis an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity inour employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equalopportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees orapplicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or thecompensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and forconsideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham