Mechanical Engineer (Danville, VA, US)
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Primary purpose of the position:
Successful, hands on & team leader, waste/cost trouble shooting to plants. Implemented, hands on & team leader, technology transfer & new products to plants, trouble free. This position supports the North American plants by interfacing with plant QTECH engineers & corporate functions such as Tire Technology, Engineering Applications & Purchasing. This Position is a technical resource which links technology systems, computer systems & quality systems with the manufacturing process & products. The incumbent is capable of performing his/her task independently.
- Perform activities that involve reporting, data analysis or special projects related to maintaining/improving the manufacturing process using engineering principles & statistical analysis such as Kepner Trego & SPC
- Apply engineering principles & process knowledge to implement technology transfer projects which improve products & processes. Identify, develop, track solutions & transfer.
- Bachelor's Degree &/or equivalent technical experience (11 years).
- Work experience in more than one plant preferred.
- Work experience in corporate function preferred.
- Work experience in multiple functions at the plant.
- Performed technical work in plant recently (within 10 years).
- 6 years Goodyear or relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of how work is accomplished in a plant.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of products & processes.
- Knowledge of corporate functional relationships.
- Ability to organize, coordinate & communicate information in area of expertise.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.