PSYCHIATRIST– Danville State Hospital
Danville State Hospital is a Medicare and Medicaid approved long-term psychiatric facility providing treatment for consumers with severe and persistent mental illness. The facility is conveniently located about 60 miles North of Harrisburg, PA in Danville, Pennsylvania. The Danville State Hospital Active Treatment Program encompasses the use of medical, occupational therapy, vocational adjustment services, therapeutic recreation, nursing, social workers, psychology and chaplaincy efforts.
The facility has capacity to serve up to 178 individuals for General Psychiatry.
Treatment at Danville State Hospital is directed by the Psychiatrist's leadership through the Treatment Team. The Treatment Team is a partnership with the individual receiving care and treatment, their family members, members of the Consumer and Family Advocacy Community, representatives from the County Offices of Mental Health and Mental Retardation, and members of the hospital's clinical, administrative, and support teams. This partnership of service enables and facilitates psychiatric rehabilitation and recovery. Individualized programs are tailored toward assisting the individual in returning to the community.
In the state of Pennsylvania, MHM Services proudly serves as the statewide mental health provider to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, Philadelphia Prison System (6 county jails), and, the staffing provider to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania including all Pennsylvania state hospitals and other various branches of the Commonwealth.
MHM Services, in collaboration with Crown Hills, has an immediate Inpatient Psychiatrist opening located at the Danville State Hospital.
- Hours per Week: 37.5 hours per week;
- Work Schedule: Enjoy a predictable work schedule including regular scheduled hours 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, No On Call responsibilities / No required evening hours and No weekend rounds;
- Compensation: Highly Competitive Hourly Pay Rate
- Patient Population: The patient population consists of adult civil psychiatric patients at least 18 years of age.
- Position Summary: The Psychiatrist is responsible for the care and treatment of mentally ill residents on a designated service area(s) and has professional responsibility for diagnosis, determination of treatment methods, and leadership in the implementation of treatment plans, and discharge planning. The Psychiatrist is a driving force for the treatment of the resident which includes medication regimens. The Psychiatrist will function as the Treatment Team Director and will be responsible for providing psychiatric leadership and direction to the Treatment Team and for providing quality psychiatric care to each individual resident. Work is performed under the general direction of a higher level psychiatrist or other administrative supervisor for clinical and administrative issues and is reviewed for conformance to current, accepted psychiatric and medical principles and techniques through staff conferences, case reports, observation during performance, evaluation of results, and performance improvement activities.
For more information about this or other location please contact Tory Anderson (In House Recruiter) at 717-296-1875 or email at email@example.com
Active Pennsylvania state medical license. Active DEA certificate. Completion of a psychiatric residency program meeting the requirements of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry. Documented Continuing Medical Education credits as required for current licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Board eligible or Board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Basic Life Support certification.