Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Production & Supply / Operations team is currently seeking a Production Technician in Danvers, MN.
You will help shape the future of agriculture by:
Regularly produce a reliable supply of high quality seed by executing production plant tasks assigned by Plant Management. Organize, perform and lead in assigned departments to ensure all required processes, procedures and production requirements are met. Position will take on several roles based upon field production practices, plant processing requirements and distribution needs. Manage field operations, seed receiving, and conditioning equipment operations to insure that all seed is properly handled and conditioned so the highest quality seed will be packaged to meet sale demands.
- Work in conditioning, treating, packaging, or other areas to meet facility needs
- Fill all orders per production order instructions
- Ensure all clean-downs and changeovers are done correctly to eliminate any product mixture
- Conduct seed testing and reporting activities, to maintain company quality standards
- Physical inventory and seed return operations
- Forklift operation
- Support Agronomists in field related activities as directed
- Monitor all plant equipment and keep in good state of repair through a preventive maintenance schedule
- Ensure all equipment is properly calibrated and routinely inspected
- Assist site maintenance manager in making repairs and improvements to plant equipment
- Foster an operational culture founded on adherence to all applicable HSE and other corporate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Perform other duties as required to meet plant or site needs
- Actively support an image that reflects the highest regard for cleanliness and organization
- Strict adherence to HSE protocols and all corporate policies and processes
- Must be High School graduate or have GED degree
- Individual must be authorized to work in the United States for Syngenta without work authorization sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to be forklift certified
- Excellent communication skills to work well with co-workers on plant tasks
- Team orientated to work with everyone at the plant to successfully complete work schedule and to accomplish safety targets. To work together on in-bound seed into receiving storage and with bagging supervisor on bin space available to condition seed into
- Trusted - Will need to make good sound judgment calls in regards to seed quality management that will be for the best interest of the company
- Results oriented
- Innovative - To always look to implement new procedures or technologies to improve work efficiencies
- Detail/Accuracy Oriented - All procedures and policies must be understood and followed. Data entry into data management systems must be accurate due to decisions being made by other departments based on the information given
- Ability to adapt to changing environmental/situational needs such as rain, snow storms and very cold temperatures that can affect the scheduling and operation of the plant
- Ability to make timely, effective decisions
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests due to change in schedule because of weather or variety changes
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends, including shift work
- Must be able to travel by car
- Ability to walk fields in all weather conditions and on various types of terrain
- Ability to work in cold, hot, and dusty conditions; work with seed treatments
- Ability to be on your feet for a majority of the day; frequent standing and walking including climbing stairs and ladders; frequent bending and stooping
- Able to wear applicable PPE
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier and computer
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)