Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) clears the path to integrated data and information, accelerates knowledge and advances copyright. With a history of innovation and growth in a dynamic market, a passionate and dedicated team, and a deep commitment to building next-generation content and licensing solutions using the very best technology and talent available, we offer the stability of an ongoing business in an entrepreneurial culture—all while providing very competitive benefits. CCC's success starts with our team - smart, dynamic, talented professionals whose contributions matter.
Over the last year, CCC was named to eContent Magazines' Top 100 List of Companies that Matter Most in the digital content industry and the Boston Globe honored CCC as one of the Top 100 women-led businesses in Massachusetts. Additionally, CCC won 'Organization of the Year' in Business Intelligence Group's '2019 Excellence in Customer Service' Awards and was named a 'Trend-Setting Company“ by KM World.
Here is what some of our employees have been recently saying about working at CCC:
“I'm required to be at the top of my game. I thrive when expectations are high and challenges are numerous, but I know I have the support I need.“
“We get the chance to work with people around the world, not only internally, but externally, building fantastic relationships and international experience.“
“I am able to work cross-functionally with very intelligent people to fulfill needs and opportunities of employees and customers. I know I make a difference daily.“
About the Role:
CCC's Marketing Communications organization is a dynamic group of B2B marketing experts who operate as an in-house strategic marketing agency, creating and delivering informative content and persuasive campaigns that drive net new sales of our licensing, content, software, and professional services solutions and support expansion of our offerings within key accounts.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director, Marketing Communications, works with internal clients—product marketing leaders and sales leaders—to develop focused, cost-effective annual marketing plans in one or more market segments. With annual plans and priorities in place, the Director then works with content and campaign managers on his/her staff, along with individual contributors in other areas, to develop and execute successful data-driven content programs. The Director leverages systems and team members to report on program performance, track and share outcomes, and identify best practices.
If you're a B2B content marketing nerd with a solid understanding of how to make go-to-market efforts succeed, this is the role for you. The Director must display a broad understanding of contemporary B2B marketing programs, tools, and techniques to drive awareness for our solutions, support the sales cycle and support customer retention and account expansion. An all-around marketer with experience in an agency or in-house agency role with a customer-oriented mindset and experience with PR, AR, social, content, events, campaigns, and collateral is ideal.
You will also be responsible for the overall performance of your team and for guiding each team member's professional development. This is a management role designed for a strong communicator and independent leader looking for both supervisory experience and hands-on responsibility.
Do you have:
- Experience developing and managing annual business and/or marketing plans and budgets
- Demonstrated track record of creating persona-oriented content and campaign strategies and delivering meaningful results
- The ability to translate business goals into communications requirements and communicate this to diverse sets of internal stakeholders
- Experience reviewing and analyzing data to make informed decisions during campaign development and necessary adjustments after launch
- The ability to proactively keep pace with best practices and technologies used in contemporary marketing communications
- Ease with managing and communicating at both the “big picture“ and granular detail levels
- Demonstration of a strong work ethic with the flexibility to work individually and with a team
- 10+ years' experience in B2B product marketing and/or marketing communications with a bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing/communications, English, or journalism
- Experience in professional services, publishing technology, library/information center technology, document delivery, and/or content workflow/document management a plus
- Superior skills in Office 365, Salesforce.com, Pardot/Hubspot/Eloqua or other marketing automation system, SharePoint, WordPress or other CMS and other contemporary marketing tools, as well as familiarity with managing marketing in an agile model using Kanban tools.