IT Systems Engineer
Salary: $85,000 - 95,000/year
What You Get To Do Everyday:
- Understand business requirements to design, setup, and deploy key infrastructure components including end-user computing, compute, storage, web applications, and related critical services for a balance of scalability, availability, security, and performance.
- Monitor, manage, and propose recommendations for areas of improvement for our infrastructure systems; reduce complexity and noise, as appropriate.
- Ensure hardware, operating systems, application software, and related systems adhere to organizational compliancy and operational requirements. Understand trade-offs, identify gaps, and provide recommendations to remediate or improve the health of our systems.
- Participate in architecture, planning, and support of the various infrastructure environments with an emphasis on the security level of the platforms.
- Prepare, coordinate, and execute changes to correct issues and enhance production and non-production systems while evaluating and understanding impact to the business systems and communicating accordingly.
- Document commonly encountered issues on newly implemented systems, raise awareness across support teams to drive efficiency. When applicable, investigate options to reduce repetitive tickets through automation or system enhancement configurations.
- Identify, document, and recommend security safeguards and configurations across all infrastructure systems.
- Manage system capacity, reusability, maintainability, and security life cycle of systems.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other technology teams and outsourcing providers to ensure technology security solutions are in alignment with organizational strategic goals.
- Be a champion for the health of CPI’s systems and take ownership when planning and designing.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned.
You Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, data science, or related field
- 2+ years or more experience in IT
- 2+ years or more experience managing or supporting a large enterprise network with business-critical applications
- 2+ years or more of experience in at least one of the following information systems and cloud domains: Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), End-User Computing, Active Directory & Azure Active Directory, Office 365, virtualization, Azure or AWS, Azure Application Service Environment (ASE), Microsoft SQL Server & Azure SQL Server, Azure web applications, disaster recovery solutions, high availability systems, load balancing solutions, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, network storage technologies, or Bare Metal Server infrastructure