About Nuvance Health
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Performs routine cleaning tasks in patient care areas. Maintains a safe and clean environment in a cost effective manner.
- Maintains a clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing environment.
- Performs daily routine cleaning tasks such as daily central area cleaning and daily patient room cleaning using the 7-step cleaning methodologies.
- Performs timely and meticulous discharge patient room & isolation room cleaning.
- Provides support to other housekeeping staff.
- Removes bio-medical waste, solid waste and soiled laundry as needed.
- Sets up patient rooms and call rooms when assigned.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Speak and understand conversational English in order to understand basic direction from supervisor or nursing staff.
Minimum Experience: six months
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Org Unit: 248
Department: Environmental Services
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8; 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM including every other weekend
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
- Less than HS Graduate
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May extert up to 35 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odors, nose, human waste, etc.
Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.