We are looking for a part-time Dental Assistant to join our team at Premier Dental of Connecticut, located in Danbury, CT 06810. The Dental Assistant we hire will have formal training from an accredited dental assistant program along with X-ray and ICE certification for the state of CT. We offer a competitive salary, plus benefits!
We have been working diligently to ensure all our patients and staff feel safe and protected while in our office. We now have Plexi-glass Barriers in the reception area and in selected clinical areas. We have all the proper PPE for the staff and are CDC COVID-19 compliant
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Formal training from an accredited Dental assistant program
- 1-2 years o f hands on Dental Assistant experience required
- ICE certified required
- X-ray certified required
Additional benefits for full-time employees:
- Dental services
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 6 paid holidays off
- 401k to name a few
Premier Dental of Connecticut is a highly successful affiliated practice of Dental Care Alliance (DCA).