Under general supervision, instructs or trains clients and/or students in a specific area of assignment as part of a program that includes an organized agenda of practical and workforce readiness instruction.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adapts instructional methods and materials to meet student varying needs, abilities, and interests.
- Assess student's education and adjustment needs through direct observation and testing.
- Conducts classes, workshops, and demonstrations to instruct in principles, techniques, or methods in subjects such as language skills, life skills, and workforce entry skills.
- Conducts recreational activities with the goals of teaching decision-making, improving physical fitness, offering leisure options and teaching social skills.
- Counsel and instructs student in the habits of daily living and work routines.
- Estimates materials needed for inventory and specific areas, including cost.
- Instructs student through lectures and demonstrations of the methods and techniques.
- Plan and coordinates a comprehensive recreational program for facility population.
- Plans a program of practical instruction to meet individual and group needs.
- Repairs, adjusts and alters equipment and tools as needed.
Associate degree in area of assignment from an accredited college or university OR Vocational/Technical degree in area of assignment from an accredited college AND One year of experience in the area of assignment OR One year of experience required at the lower level Practical Instructor 1 (EDT010) or position equivalent.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess all of the following:
- Experience in developing, organizing and teaching classroom instruction.
- Experience maintaining before and after test data and student records.
- Experience in managing classroom instruction.
- Experience providing literacy instructions as prescribed.
- 2 years college or current Parapro Certificate and experience working with students.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Associate's degree in area of assignment from an accredited college or university OR Vocational/Technical degree in area of assignment from an accredited college AND One year of experience in the area of assignment OR One year of experience required at the lower level Practical Instructor 1 (EDT010) or position equivalent.