ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN III - ANTIOCH RD - 1ST SHIFT
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.*P*
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Write PLC programming for new and existing equipment. Programming will also include VFD (AC/Servo Motors), DeviceNet, Profibus, and Ethernet IP devices.
- Troubleshoots and performs repairs on plant-wide electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatics systems including but not limited to Electrical Power Distribution, Continuous Ranges, Batch Processes, and Communication networks.
- Troubleshoots Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), Servo Motors, and other sophisticated equipment with a variety of test equipment
- Installs machinery and equipment associated with manufacturing, facility, and plant systems
- Modifies machinery components
- Performs specific maintenance tasks and procedures defined and scheduled by a maintenance management system
- Participates in Preventative Maintenance activities and projects as directed
- Provides assistance to other Maintenance team members as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be a skilled electrician familiar with AC and DC. Low voltage circuits up to 480V AC.
- Requires 10 years prior work experience in industrial maintenance, automation, PLC programming, HMI programming, and VFD programming.
- Prior working knowledge of electrical and electronic troubleshooting skills including PLC’s (Allen-Bradley), and VFD’s (Yaskawa, Control Techniques, Allen-Bradley).
- Advanced Personal Computer skills
- Has the knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and equipment of the trade.
- A strong understanding of the principles and theory of Electricity.
- Understands the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the electrical trade (up to 480V).
- Understands the regulations governing electrical installation and equipment for Georgia and the National Electrical Code.
- Understands basic electrical controls including but not limited to Relays and RLL (Relay Ladder Logic), limit switches, overloads and proximity switches.
- Has an in depth understanding of PLC’s and Ladder logic across multiple communication networks.
- Must be able to read/troubleshoot complex Ladder Logic Programs.
- Must be able to read a US electrical drawing or schematic.
- Must be able to design and size out new electrical panels and feeds.
- Must complete all Forklift and scissor lift training.
- Must work satisfactorily with all other persons, this would be in a support position
- Ability to read European Electrical Drawings
- Must be able to properly calibrate a 4-20mA instrument
- Ability to understand the Plant Production Network which includes Ethernet and DeviceNet
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime with little to no notice
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, kneel, and assume awkward positions as is dictated by worksite
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and a dusty environment