Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
Come join a team tasked with defining and continuing to build a best-in-class single-family home property management company. You’ll use your understanding and mastery of construction and real estate to develop and implement solutions for the construction, renovation, and maintenance of single-family investments. You’ll leverage your team and work hand in hand with local partners to translate these ideas in each local market.
The Vice President will serve as a resource to the Investors, Controller and Project Executives in the areas of acquisition, contract negotiations and compliance. You will ultimately be responsible for the planning, strategizing and management of all the company’s construction-related operations, serving all single-family homes across all national markets.
What You Will Do:
- Define the vision and strategy for construction and field operation efforts for a leading Single-Family investor and operator to improve production and quality in support of company goals.
- Set example, enforce, and uphold “Best-in-Class” construction, culture, vision and mission.
- Develop and implement long term business plans for single-family home renovations remaining consistent with the Company's plans and financial objectives.
- Ensure the organizational systems, policies and procedures are implemented and maintained to be in compliance with industry standards, including client requirements.
- Prepare, present & provide presentations pertaining to operations.
- Create systems, processes, and routines to boost on-time delivery of service requests and home renovations that are compliant with relevant codes, regulations, and company quality standards.
- Establish and maintain a continuous improvement program to include development of technical standards and technical audit program, implementation of an inspection and verification program, targeted training, trade contractor partnering, and leveraging support from product manufacturers.
- Manage national and regional purchasing and procurement.
- Establish and maintain coordinated efforts with Asset Management, Property Management, and Leasing operations.
- Oversee repairs and maintenance operations.
- Ensure all projects are completed in accordance with the approved budget and schedule.
- Negotiate and supervise GCs, subs, trades, and municipalities. Resolve and address issues and concerns that create delays by retrieving and reviewing information, develop alternative plans and actions, communicate and address conflicts with contractors and vendors, and follow up with site-level managers and regional management.
- Drive on-schedule delivery and financial outcomes of active projects.
- Manage to appropriate project outcomes, metrics, data collection and reporting.
- Manage, motivate, and grow talent while providing vision and setting a direction for the team.
- Recruit, manage, and lead staff to deliver outcomes that adhere to Company’s strategic objectives; and measure progress toward targets.
What You Bring With You:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in oversight of construction, renovations and repairs of single-family homes
- Proven track-record and demonstrated career success developing highly competent, engaged, and efficient teams of construction professionals
- In general contracting and construction management
- Strong management and leadership ability
- Experience working in a cross-functional group, project management and/or process improvement environment
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines is a must
- Team player who is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, particularly with respect to real estate finance metrics and development of key performance indicators for department and staff
- Ability to work at a fast pace under minimal supervision, cultivate relationships with contractors/subcontractors, and to think critically and draw well-reasoned fact-based conclusions
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- Ability to work weekends as necessary
- Familiar with current software applications used within the residential construction industry, and good at helping others see the benefits of integrating technology with construction operations
- Yardi Voyager experience a plus
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.