Our National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. The combination of knowledge and experience forms the basis of our ability to assist clients in meeting their business objectives. We believe that by managing our clientsâ tax obligations responsibly and proactively we can make a critical difference, and youâll be at the heart of this mission.
A company's “people investment“ is one of its most significant investments and EYâs Partner of the Firm practice is supported by nationally sponsored, world-class technology and tools and a consistent process to deliver quality income tax returns. We are a specialized practice dedicated to serving the individual tax compliance needs of EYâs US based partners. There are no sales pressures or sales goals in our group. We retain our annuity work and earn new work (newly promoted partners and direct admits) by providing exceptional client service to our existing client base.
Your key responsibilities
Depending on your unique skills and ambitions, you could be managing various responsibilities, from technical planning and advising of clients that include high-profile individuals of extremely high net worth, to preparation of their various tax return filing obligations. At all times you will be working to be a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues
Whatever you find yourself doing, youâll personally coach and develop a highly trained team, all while handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing a book of EY partner tax returns including regular communications
- Final review and signing of individual income tax return
- Researching tax issues to develop effective tax planning strategies
- Translating complex data from a range of sources into client-ready insights and deliverables
- Building effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
- Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and clients
- Maintaining your reputation in your field by constantly updating and sharing your technical and finest practice knowledge
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
- Identifying and reacting to risks and opportunities to improve our services and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in a related field, supported by significant tax or financial planning experience
- A CPA certification, membership in The Bar, or Enrolled Agent
- A minimum of 5 years of individual tax experience
- Experience with federal and state personal income tax
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills, and the confidence to challenge senior colleagues and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
- A thorough understanding of automated tax processing systems and laws within your area of technical professionalism
- A commitment to continuing your learning
Ideally, youâll also have
- A proven record in high net-worth tax planning
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
Weâre interested in tax professionals who possess a love of individual tax compliance and exceptional teamwork skills. Working with people from all backgrounds, , youâll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where youâll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way thatâs right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, weâre using the finance products, expertise and systems weâve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, weâll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.