Approximately 90% of the supervisor's time is spent supervising and coaching the analysts that report to the team. This supervisory position has seven direct analyst reports
Job duties include: Onboard new analysts that are hired to the team with respects to departmental operations, Agile project management, change control, application expertise and clinic/hospital workflows. Ensure that the analysts are trained for their role on the team as well as the development/exposure of those analysts to the other roles on the team. Sets daily/weekly/monthly work priorities for direct reports (7) for support requests (application maintenance and service requests), Agile projects, capital projects, and professional development. These priorities must be in alignment with departmental/health system leadership initiatives with focus on customer service and health system growth.
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, or other related field and seven (7) years business systems and/or project experience with exposure to systems or project development and testing, installation, and training.
- Coordinates planning and participates in implementation of software applications or upgrades. Serves as context expert for application being installed or supported. Assists in definition and development of documentation and training manuals for applications to be used to train system users.
- Executes and ensures that project plans and schedules are defined and maintained. Monitors compliance with definitions of project scope, timelines, and deliverables. Provides regular project status reports to internal management or others as necessary.
- Provides overall responsibility in testing new applications and changes to existing applications to ensure integrity and quality of data while providing and/or assisting in training of system users. Provides guidance in definition and development of test scenarios. Ensures that application errors and related issues are documented and their statuses are tracked in problem logs.
- Leads other business analysts in collecting, interpreting and documenting specifications required to develop new and revise existing software applications. Provides guidance in development of implementation of operational plans for new and existing business computer applications. Prepares proposals for projects as necessary.
- Defines and develops new system administrative procedures required utilizing new functionality resulting from system changes. Monitors system functionality and administrative procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Records time spent on projects to meet cost-recovery requirements. Coordinates and participates in 24 hour on-call program to support clinical systems.
- Compiles complete, concise, and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating issues to applicable management staff. Assists in developing and implementing business strategies in departments to improved operational processing and productivity.
- Monitors development of specifications and establishes priorities for accomplishing design and testing of various projects. Coordinates or performs change mangagement functions for projects. Coordinates or develops disaster recovery plans for systems supported.
- Provides direct supervision to lower level Business Analysts; ensures employees are fully trained, responsible for own work and performs many like duties of subordinates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Records time spent on projects to meet cost-recovery requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.