Moss Adams brings more West to business. At Moss Adams, weâre excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper. We provide the worldâs most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Introduction to the team
Our State & Local Tax (SALT) practice is comprised of over 70 professionals. As the premier SALT provider in the West, we help clients compete and succeed by staying up-to-date on the ever-changing, complex state and local tax rules. Our multi-faceted business advisors specialize in solutions that span income tax, indirect tax, property tax, employment tax, and tax controversy matters. Join one of the fastest growing groups at Moss Adams and start realizing your potential.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills â Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Provide state and local income/franchise tax consulting and related analytical consulting services
- Support regional offices and drive growth in the marketplace for SALT services
- Leverage technical knowledge, experience, and innovative mindset to provide effective project and responsive management
- Timely delivery of services and products that meet or exceed client expectations
- Assist clients with state and local tax disputes, draft technical memoranda regarding state and local income/franchise tax issues
- Mentor, grow, and train SALT Staff, Seniors, and Managers
- Provide effective leadership as a career advisor, mentor, and supervisor for professional staff
- Assist in providing SALT income/franchise tax expertise for the firm at a National level
- Assist with proposals and business development, including marketing materials and web-based marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with personnel from other regions and industry groups to manage, develop, and expand SALT consulting initiatives
- Participate and lead growth in SALT practice through effective business development tools
- Write and/or co-author state and local tax alerts
- Participate in public speaking opportunities at state tax conferences and events
- Demonstrate executive presence and mindfulness in the workplace
- Bachelor's degree required; emphasis in accounting, finance, or related field preferred; Masterâs Degree in taxation or JD/LLM preferred
- CPA, bar membership or equivalent credential required. If not certified, must meet educational requirements to obtain license upon hire in state of employment
- Minimum of 7 years of related tax experience required; public accounting experience preferred
- Credits & Incentives experience a plus
- Previous experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on state and local tax issues required; creative problem solver
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and have previous experience handling multiple engagements simultaneously
- Experience providing leadership and management over professional staff
- Experience in state and local government revenue department a plus
- Experience with multi-state income, sales/use, gross receipts, property, employment or other miscellaneous state and local taxes a plus
- Prior success in leading key business development, project delivery and practice development activities preferred
- Experience in serving middle-market clients preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Here, youâll be challenged and rewarded for leadership, technical excellence, and inspired perspectives. Thatâs why we offer opportunities to build your skills and explore your career in a supportive environment. At Moss Adams, where you take your career is up to you.
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.