#4762 SQL Data Engineer
MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract to hire position:
SQL Data Engineer
- This is a data engineer role.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+years of experience
- Advanced SQL skills - Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Expertise in Data Analysis, Data Profiling, and SQL Tuning
- Expertise in translating business requirements to project design, development, and execution
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to clearly communicate capabilities, opportunities, and recommendations to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Experience working in Data warehouse ETL & BI platforms and have a good understanding of related development activities and challenges
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting, databases (SQL etc), programming (ETL frameworks)
- Experience in understanding the source data from various platforms and mapping them into Entity relationship model(ER) for data integration and reporting.
- Has deep understanding of data architecture & data modeling best practices and guidelines for different data and analytic platforms
- Interpret and analyze data from various source systems to support data integration and data reporting needs.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with team leads to prioritize business and information needs
- Prepare high-level ETL mapping specifications.
- Develop complex code data scripts (Primarily SQL) for ETL
- Data Quality Control, Metrics
- Troubleshoot & determine best resolution for data issues and anomalies
- Manage exploratory data analysis to support database and dashboard development, as well as advanced analytics efforts
- May assist in development of software technical documentation.
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!