Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
As a SoftwareEngineering Manager, you are first and foremost a people manager. You accomplish business goals by strengthening your team and motivating/retaining those already here. You are successful when your team is fully staffed and equipped with the right skills. Do you thrive on building valuable technical projects – ensuring that our software conforms with meaningful non-functional concerns while meeting a high quality standard? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Challenges on which you can expect to work:
- Ensure High-Quality Software. You will work with Product Managers to define product vision and strategy and make certain that requirements are clear and sufficient to develop. Working with engineers, you will ensure software is secure, performant, scalable, maintainable, and extensible.
- Cultivate a Successful Team. Your success at Bestow is significantly influenced by your ability to build and maintain a high-functioning engineering team. That team will, in turn, ensure we develop a high-quality engineering culture.
- Predictably Deliver Software. Understanding your team's output and maintaining their maximum, balanced pace, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of software. In addition, you will also work with Technical Project Managers and Product Managers to quickly break ties and resolve blockers.
A Little About You:
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with both dynamic languages (Python preferred)
- Experience with strongly-typed languages (Go preferred)
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) and columnar databases (BigQuery preferred)
- Experience with Cloud Hosting providers (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Initiative and motivation to make things happen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.