Burns & McDonnell is seeking a Senior Traffic Engineer to join our rapidly growing Transportation Practice in our Dallas, TX regional office. Our ideal candidate will be someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills who can work both independently and in a team environment.
- Work with a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians in the design and analysis of traffic engineering projects as well as the contractors and construction staff on design/build projects.
- Serve as a task lead for varying components of traffic engineering projects including analysis, studies, and design projects.
- Mentors less experienced staff on technical aspects of a project.
- Participation in project team meetings and project presentations including presentations to key project stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field with an emphasis in traffic engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years related experience in the development of or management of traffic engineering projects.
- The candidate must be a licensed Professional Engineer (PE). A Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification is preferred.
- Ability to lead and work as a part of a multi-discipline teams of engineers
- General business and financial calculation knowledge
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines while working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of traffic engineering methodologies and standards including but not limited to the Highway Capacity Manual, the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, and the Institute of Transportation Engineer Trip Generation and Parking Generation Manuals.
- Knowledge of traffic engineering software including GuideSign, SignCAD, MicroStation, AutoTurn, VISSIM, Synchro, the Highway Capacity Software, Sidra and TransCAD.
- Knowledge in the development of traffic engineering projects including signing, signals, marking, capacity analysis, traffic projections, safety analysis, microsimulation, electric vehicle, transit signal pre-emption and ITS systems engineering.
- Experience working with municipal agencies and DOT’s.