Sr. Solutions Architect, Supply Chain & Logistics
This position can be based anywhere in the US where AWS has a significant presence. Seattle, New York City, San Francisco, Dallas, Boston, Irvine, and Atlanta are preferred.
As a solutions architect you will lead Supply Chain & Logistics (SC&L) partner solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS) working with our Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). You will apply the next generation of cloud-based compute and storage services within the SC&L that impacts manufacturing, transportation, retail, and consumer packaged goods industries. You will have the exciting opportunity to build mindshare, establish customer and partner trust, and nurture adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform across AWS’s most strategic business partners.
You will be a technical leader in the Supply Chain & Logistics partner segment. The SC&L industry is under pressure to reinvent itself leveraging digital, cloud, and mobile technologies. AWS is looking for a senior technologist who understands business and technology trends impacting the SC&L industry, to build cloud solutions offerings with leading technology and consulting companies. You will collaborate with some of the largest ISVs and consulting companies in the US to ensure they build scalable, secure, and high performance solutions on AWS. You will possess the technical acumen to engage at all levels of an organization; as well the ability to dive deep and build cloud-optimized architectures.
You will be as comfortable white boarding complex software architectures with a room full of engineers as are briefing an executive audience. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS partners, from well-established tech & consulting giants to innovative startups that were born in the cloud. You will author whitepapers and reference architectures that will be leveraged by the global Solution Architect (SA) community within AWS. You will deliver technical webinars, speak at public events and file patents for what could potentially be a future AWS product or feature.
You should demonstrate the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, financial implications, and are deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, and new native digital environments. Understanding of the broad SC&L sub-segments (e.g. inventory planning, sourcing, transportation planning, warehouse management, and sales order fulfillment) will be helpful. Experience with the cloud isn't a requirement but familiarity with its impact on the SC&L industry is valuable. Previous AWS experience is preferred but not required. Strong public speaking and writing skills are required.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working backwards from customers, and ISVs identify portfolio of solutions, their themes, and AWS value proposition for the SC&L industry.
- Working together with the verticals segment that includes Manufacturing, Retail/CPG teams, HealthCare, Automotive segments develop the technical strategy and approach for enhancing the AWS ecosystem of SC&L partner offerings, particularly Independent Software Vendors (ISVs).
- Establish technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and drive discussions with CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, Chief Architects, and/or Senior Developers from our partners and customers.
- Collaborate with AWS partners to realize cloud-based solutions offerings, including development of reference architectures, creation of thought leadership collateral, and public industry presentations.
- Serve as the voice of our partners and customers with our internal service teams to promote functional enhancements to AWS service offerings.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Up to 30% travel may be required.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
· 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
· 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
· Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
- 10+ years of highly technical and analytical IT experience.
- 5+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications.
- 5+ years experience in the Supply Chain & Logistics industry.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Experience communicating technical solutions to executives, IT management, and software developers.
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics.
- Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks.
- Experience with large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology, and public cloud platforms.
- Understanding of advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning models, artificial intelligence, computer vision, and the application of these analytic approaches to supply chain and logistics workloads.
- Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems, and networking connectivity.
- Technical knowledge of enterprise IT to include database systems, tiered storage architectures, virtualization, network security, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for a position in Colorado starts at $122,300 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site