Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Senior Product Manager at Splunk, you will drive the roadmap for the next-generation of data onboarding capabilities for Splunk. Each data source is unique and sophisticated in its own way - cloud providers, operating systems, hardware devices, application development platforms and beyond. You will help make these data onboarding experiences seamless as well as flexible for the user, making it easy for them to get data into Splunk and rapidly derive business insights they need from their data. Identifying points of friction from a user's perspective and understanding the technical complexities of the data sources is critical to the experience we are looking to build.
You will work closely with our outstanding Engineering teams, Product Managers, Architects, UX Designers and Product Marketing teams to build and evolve our data onboarding experience. Your product will be integral to every other functionality in Splunk and enable you to work with and influence nearly every other product within Splunk.
- Drive a strong product vision and strategy for data ingestion and onboarding from a variety of data sources into Splunk. You will be focusing on an area that is the tip of the spear for every dollar of revenue for Splunk
- Think through the data onboarding journey end to end and help identify ways we can make the workflow painless and delightful for our users while still keeping ingestion architecture flexible
- Develop a solid understanding of our key personas and communicate their needs crisply and succinctly to our distributed engineering and design teams, translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap, and high-impact, innovative features
- Actively maintain a view of the market, competition, and technologies as they change, and factor them, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Collaborate with Engineering, Architecture, UX, other PMs, Marketing, Support, and Sales teams to solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- Get-things-done. Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data sources, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome
- Lean on data. Splunk is a data-to-everything-platform. So, strong preference to rely on data to make informed decisions.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience.
- Experience building and scaling distributed applications on the Cloud; bonus if this is in Integration products and technologies, specifically with AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Experience in Data Ingestion and Data Ingestion Technologies
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, combined with a strong business sense and customer focus
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- MBA or equivalent practical experience
- Prior knowledge of Splunk a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.