Our National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. The combination of knowledge and experience forms the basis of our ability to assist clients in meeting their business objectives. We believe that by managing our clients' tax obligations responsibly and proactively we can make a critical difference, and you'll be at the heart of this mission.
Our Passthrough Transactions Group (PTG) is made up of professionals with tax technical skills and substantial industry and capital markets experience. We combine seasoned tax partnership and financial instrument knowledge, and an understanding of federal income tax controversy, with economics, finance and modeling skills. Our cross-disciplinary background and approach can help you evaluate risks and benefits from both an economic and tax perspective.
Your key responsibilities
Your typical day will involve managing and working in small groups on projects with internal or external clients. You'll collaborate with national subject matter professionals in the design and execution of complex, large-scale partnership transactions with significant clients of the firm. Additionally, Senior Managers develop an understanding of the complexities of Subchapter K, partnership modeling and the nuances of joint venture structuring. Senior Managers will also work with National Tax Department (NTD) Partners/Principals on more limited on-call consulting opportunities, writing Tax Alerts and Developments and teaching courses. Senior Managers will gain significant experience in structuring partnership transactions and develop a broad-based knowledge in Subchapter K that can be utilized in building our Advisory Services practices.
Skills and attributes for success
- Assisting in the preparation of financial models and other tools that help our clients execute a variety of financial transactions, including asset acquisitions, disposition deals, capital structure transformations, and corporate reorganizations
- Applying principles of corporate finance to assess the economic implications of particular deal structures
- Preparing reports and client presentations
- Working at all levels of transaction structuring and execution, from evaluating alternative structures and bids through closing
- Compiling documentation related to each analysis
- Provide high-quality and 'time-sensitive' service that meet and/or exceed our clients' expectations
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
To qualify for the role you must have
- Achieved at least a bachelor's degree, typically with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Operations Research, Financial Engineering or Statistics
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
- A CPA certification or membership in The Bar
- Strong technical writing skills
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation, with an emphasis on partnership taxation
- Flexible and willing to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated business development skills and experience
Ideally, you'll also have
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What we look for
We're interested in intellectually curious people, with a diverse set of interests and backgrounds and an entrepreneurial mindset. You'll also need to have fantastic communication skills, the ability to manage your schedule, and enjoy going beyond assigned tasks to see the big picture. If you're ready to make a tangible difference right from the start and bring your big ideas to this growing team, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, vacation pay and observed holidays, plus a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Plus, we offer
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
- A rewards package tailored to your unique needs
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.