Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Investment Analyst who will help manage and build our portfolio of single family homes and assist in driving performance of existing portfolios across our major national markets. As part of this role, the Analyst will gain a deep understanding of real estate markets through market research, property valuation, underwriting and close interaction with portfolio managers. Additionally, the Analyst will assist Portfolio Managers with tracking and reporting existing portfolio performance.
What You Will Do:
- Source, analyze and underwrite existing and potential investments across single-family equity funds
- Monitor and evaluate current and potential investments
- Drive investment diligence process from sourcing to closing including individual and larger portfolios
- Develop operating and investment models including cash flow, underwriting and IRR analyses
- Forecast financial performance, identify underperformance and implement corrective action on existing investments
- Interface with cross-functional teams including rehab/renovations, property management, legal, finance, accounting and external third party vendors
- Analyze and prepare operating/investment committee memos and presentations
- Assist in technology platform build-out with engineering and development teams
What You Bring With You:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum two years of work experience in banking, consulting or private equity
- Extremely well-developed analytical abilities
- Highly self-motivated individual, outstanding interpersonal skills and team-oriented
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with financial reporting and statistical modeling
- Advanced Powerpoint capability and excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong research, analytical and organizational skills
- Sharp attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong cross-functional management skills
- Programming and database management expertise
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals
- Company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.