Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
Retirement plan and employer match
Generous Paid Time Off.
Plus Additional Benefits.
Position Title: Senior Events Planner
Location: Dallas, TX
Reports To: Director of Events
Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt
- The Senior Events Planner organizes and coordinates a wide variety of fundraising events for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT). This position is responsible for all aspects of special events planning and post-event activities. In addition, this position interacts and engages volunteers in event activities including sponsorship solicitation. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Essential Job Functions & Expectations
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating Special Events for assigned area of responsibility.
- Participates in Development staff meetings. Conducts event status meetings with management or within department as appropriate.
- Partners with the leadership team to enhance community visibility, establish donor relations, etc.
- Tracks special events expenses and revenue to assure they stay within expense budgets and meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Maintains an annual special events calendar.
- Prepares an annual special events audit report.
- Responsible for all aspects of special events planning, to include: Creates parameters and purpose of each event; Creates and adheres to an accurate time line for each event; Provides periodic progress reports on underwriting, revenue raised vs. goal, pledges vs. goal, sponsorships secured and ticket sales; Works with volunteer leadership; Secures entertainment/speaker and makes necessary travel or hotel arrangements; Collaborates with Public Affairs on pre-event publicity; Prepares speech or comments for President/CEO or other executive leaders; Interacts professionally with event chairs and committee members; Assists in design of invitations and in the layout of the event program; Secures venues and food/beverage in compliance with agency policy; Works collaboratively with Security to assess security needs; Secures decorations and/or centerpieces; Assists in the procurement of auction and/or raffle items and filing for any necessary permits; Generates accurate mailing lists, seating charts and name tags.
- Responsible for all aspects of post-event activities, to include: Performs analysis and reporting of attendance and financial goals; Completes verification of invoices and ensures timely payment of invoices; Collaborates with Public Affairs on post-event publicity; Proposes and implements changes to events based on post-event analysis, research, and changing needs of the organization.
- Cultivates donor relationships relating to special events.
- Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with major donors, board members, foundation trustees, PPGT staff and community leaders.
- Keeps current on changing trends in special events and adjusts programs and strategies as needed.
- Ensures compliance with the Board of Director’s governance policies on development as well as the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Assures that all fundraising materials and any communication with the public maintain the highest standards of integrity and honesty.
- Serves as a role model for staff in quality of work, competence, standards of behavior, initiative, teamwork, and compliance with organization policies.
- Manages volunteer committees that support special events.
- Ensures that the Board of Directors, staff and committees are regularly informed of special event programs and progress.
- Responsible for accurate record-keeping relating to special event activities.
- Promotes and facilitates integration, collaboration and teamwork between all departments throughout the organization to advance the overall plans and initiatives. Champions day-to-day integration efforts between all areas within organization.
- Provides input relating to Development policies, systems, and procedures.
- Provides the utmost integrity and professionalism in communications including staff, supporters, volunteers, and guests.
- Ensures all required training is completed.
- Produces timely and accurate reports to Planned Parenthood Federation of America and regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Responsible for the integration and project management for special events within assigned area of responsibility.
- Represents the organization at meetings, community events, conferences, and fundraising, as appropriate.
- Has restricted access to client private health information and has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate numbers.
- Ensures achievement of agency goals, vision and mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a wide-variety of disciplines.
- 4 years of experience in fundraising, event planning, volunteer management, operations, or related field.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet. Must have the willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances or new technology. Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel within and outside organization region as job dictates.
- Must have understanding of the key indicators of a successful event and the implications of actions and decisions on the success of an event.
- Ability to identify viable and sustainable special event expansion opportunities.
- Ability to effectively prepare written acknowledgement letters, contracts and proposals.
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Effective leadership capabilities; able to mentor and coach volunteers.
- Ability to think strategically and achieve organization’s goals relating to position.
- Ability to provide oversight of compliance and regulatory requirements pertaining to position.
- Possess effective analytical skills.
- Ability to manage intense stress with multiple competing priorities while maintaining a positive attitude and affect.
- Ability to manage details and complexity, to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and to work under pressure.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with discussing topics relating to sexual and reproductive health.
- Ability to effectively use organization’s computer systems.
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Possess integrity and compliance – can be relied upon to act ethically.
- Demonstrates cultural and linguistic competence.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to lead, manage, direct, and motivate diverse groups of people and possess the skills to delegate and supervise volunteers.
- Planning/Organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to assure accomplishments of a specific objective. Determines priorities and allocates time and resources effectively.
- Work Management: Effectively manages time as a resource; establishes realistic priorities; schedules own time and activities effectively; gives balanced focus and attention to appropriate long- and short-term priorities. Develops action plans and budgets; leverages technology; anticipates obstacles; establishes check points and monitors progress.
- Recovery Skills: Responds effectively and acknowledges responsibilities when clients (internal or external) experience problems or mistakes; rectifies the situation to restore client satisfaction; seeks information and collaborates with others to take action to implement permanent fixes. Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure, and or stressful conditions.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Acts in a way that indicates understanding and accurate interpretation of others’ concerns, feelings, strengths and limitations. Uses interpersonal understanding to shape one’s own response.
- Building Relationships: Shows genuine interest in others’ needs and opinions; establishes rapport; earns the confidence and trust of others; demonstrates consistency between words and actions; delivers on commitments.
- Communication: Speaks and presents effectively in individual or group situations, including appropriate nonverbal communication. Expresses ideas in a clear, thorough and concise manner. Actively listens to what others say. Writes using good grammatical form and appropriate style. Expresses ideas in a clear, thorough and concise manner.
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information from a variety of sources to identify issues and develop strategies for accomplishing goals; breaks a problem or issue into manageable, actionable parts; identifies important relationships and root causes; anticipates issues, obstacles or opportunities that may impacts plans or action.
- Judgment: Demonstrates the ability to make decisions authoritatively and wisely, after adequately contemplating various available courses of action.
- Advocacy: Supports others and actively contributes to Planned Parenthood’s success; celebrates others’ successes; collaborates across functions and departments to meet internal and external client needs.
- Adaptability or Flexibility: Responds with flexibility to shifting priorities and changing work situations; recovers quickly from problems and setbacks; develops new skills to remain competitive. Adapts easily to change, sees the merits of differing positions, and adapts own positions and strategies in response to new information or changes to a situation.
- Integrity: Builds trust and matches actions and words.
- Coping with Demands of the Position: Uses effective problem solving while working under stress, high volume of work demands and/or time demands; regularly meets deadlines.
- Celebrates and exemplifies the core values of our organization: Cooperative and Courteous; Honesty, Integrity & Straightforwardness; Inclusive; Quality Service; and Creativity within the context of Best Practices.
- PPGT celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. To that end, employment is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of age; race, color, ancestry, national origin, or ethnicity; citizenship status; sex or gender; gender identity or gender expression or transgender status (including the individual's actual or perceived sex and the individual's gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior, or expression); sexual orientation; mental or physical disability as long as you are qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; perception of risk of HIV infection; or association with individuals who are believed to be at risk; religion or creed; genetic information; pregnancy status, including related medical conditions; marital status; past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services; or any other basis protected by law. We are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to stand, particularly for sustained periods of time. Must be able to move about on foot to accomplish tasks, such as moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, or typing. Must be able to perceive attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips. Must be able to talk such as convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately. Must be able to hear such as the ability to receive detailed communication orally. Must be able to communicate effectively. Will have substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to lift and/or exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Must be able to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. Office environment.
Applicants have rights under the Federal Employment Laws. To view these notices, please click on the following links: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)