What you'll do:
- Develop and execute on the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) framework across various enterprise functions. Consult with partners at all levels within the organization including data stewards, owners, business subject matter experts, and IT stakeholders around EDM best practices and standards. Influence the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of data policies and standards across various data domains.
- Assess business impact of existing and new data privacy regulations to support and evolve the compliance and risk framework. Produce and maintain Data Management documentation and artifacts
- Establish KPIs across data domains to ensure accountability of roles and responsibilities and that practices and policies are being followed. Conduct Enterprise Data Management maturity assessments to identify and close gaps including data quality, data protection, analytics, metadata management, and master data management. Mature data documentation standards and content to meet internal and external needs. Perform research and analysis to rationalize and support the various Data Management efforts
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We'll reward you for the skills and experience you have. Find out more.
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That's why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years equivalent experience.
- Experience establishing data quality control and implementing data standards, data stewardship, metadata management, data life cycle management, or data architecture management.
- Knowledge of data governance, data quality, and master data management concepts.
- Ability to influence across multiple levels.
- Strong negotiation, communication and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of and experience using Data Governance tools (e.g. Informatica Axon, Data3Sixty, Collibra, etc.) highly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of project lifecycle management methodologies and best practices.
- Project management experience in both large and small-scale projects is an advantage.
- Understanding of data quality reporting methodologies and capabilities.
How we hire:
Once you apply, your application is reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via phone or email.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Need assistance? Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Human Resources at (515) 247.MYHR (6947) or at 1.866.524.MYHR (6947).
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to follow a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
Who we are:
We help people build the kinds of lives they dream about—empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we're a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
So that's what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what's right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
Learn more about our values in the workplace.