About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Corporate Finance & Restructuring
Our Corporate Finance and Restructuring practice, a trusted partner to companies, boards of directors, investors, lenders and creditors around the world, is focused on delivering restructuring and business transformation solutions. Committed to our clients' success, our professionals address the full spectrum of financial, operational and transactional risks and opportunities. Among our core strengths is providing expertise in guiding companies through the value creation lifecycle. Our targeted offerings include restructuring, insolvency, litigation support, interim management, capital market advisory, post-acquisition integration, valuation, tax advisory as well as financial management and performance improvement solutions. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the energy, healthcare, real estate, retail and consumer products, and telecom, media and technology sectors. Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring services are delivered through a global network of 41 offices in 15 countries situated in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
About Business Transformation – Transaction Services:
We advise corporate and financial clients across the deal life cycle, bringing deep deal experience coupled with on-point industry experts to structure, conduct due diligence, integrate, value and communicate around the transaction. Being a public corporation and consulting firm, we are free from audit-based conflicts and restrictions, allowing us to provide a full suite of services, including projected financial information.
About the Opportunity:
The Transactions Advisory Services group offers comprehensive due diligence advice and support in evaluating the risk/return considerations in all stages of the deal continuum (investment, hold period and divestiture). In addition to our buy-side and sell-side services, TAS advises clients on all aspects of the lending decision process. We combine technical expertise in valuation and credit issues, with years of experience in corporate restructuring and audits to help clients make informed decisions. Clients served tend to be 75% private equity, and 25% corporate clients. Broad client industry focus includes manufacturing, healthcare, energy, retail & consumer products, technology, etc.
- Provide financial and accounting related consulting services in the Corporate Finance practice areas, supporting multiple engagement projects simultaneously.
- Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation.
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information, assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties, and develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Work effectively as a team member by demonstrating commitment to quality, furthering education and investment in him or herself, sharing responsibilities, providing support, maintaining communications, and updating senior team members on progress and issues.
- Build strong internal relationships with members of the Transaction Support team and other FTI services.
- Typical work products and analyses include: Quality of Earnings (EBITDA), Working Capital, Quality of Net Assets, Forecast Analysis, Debt and Debt Like Items, Customer/Product/Channel/Category sales and margin analysis, inventory costing and bill of materials analysis, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting and/or finance.
- CPA or in process of obtaining CPA certification.
- 3+ years of experience in assurance/audit in a Big 4 or national accounting firm.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Experience within a nationally recognized Transaction Advisory Practice is a plus.
- Strong technical accounting skills, with detailed knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence. Problem solving is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as report writing is required to serve TAS clients.
- The ability to conduct detailed analysis (using external information) on products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications. Especially advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Proficient use and analysis of computer models and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications.
- A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance and due diligence findings.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever changing environment to meet client needs.
Position Classification: Exempt
- Citizenship Status Accepted: USA Citizenship, Permanent Resident
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt