Senior Construction Inspector
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
We are a national leader in Construction Services with staff that support our clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-bid to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Senior Inspector to join our Inspection Team. The Senior Inspector position will lead a team of inspectors whose mission is to provide quality assurance to ensure that the construction performed on the project is per the requirements in the contract. This position typically performs assignments under the general supervision and direction of the Chief Inspector and Resident Engineer and may also serve as the Chief Inspector.
• Be responsible for Coordination and overseeing the repetitive and routine sampling and testing of component materials for highway and roadway construction projects in accordance with the construction contract documents.
• Provide daily surveillance of the contractor’s quality control activities at the project site and maintain a daily log of construction and inspection activities
• Maintain project records
• Must be able to interpret construction plans, details, standards and specifications.
• Conduct work in a safety manner
• 10 plus years of experience in highway and bridge construction inspection of which two projects have been in a Senior Inspector capacity. Project experience includes earthwork, asphalt paving, concrete paving, storm drain systems, retaining walls, bridge elements, traffic control, SW3P, and other items related to highway/bridge construction
• High School diploma
• Organized, determined, and resourceful; demonstrate a sense of urgency while accurately and safety performing the work and be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
• Must have excellent customer service skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Valid Texas driver’s license and pass an annual motor vehicle record check.
• Proficient with Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel. Enter data rapidly and accurately and operate tools and equipment.
• TxDOT highway/bridge construction experience and inspection certifications preferred.
• Experience with Site Manager record keeping preferred.
• Certified or ability to become certified and perform work for: ACI Grade I, ACI Strength, HMAC Level IB and SB102