The safety lead is responsible for enabling and supporting daily safety and health tasks required to support plant operations. This includes safety and health administration, training, mentoring and providing direction for location safety and health compliance.
- Coach employees on safety suggestions, near misses and safety observations.
- Be a resource for hourly employees to reach out to for retraining, questions or concerns.
- Conduct ride-a longs, job shadowing and safety walks at assigned plants to promote our safety culture, safety compliance and identify areas of focus for the plant and production management.
- Conduct assigned safety training in accordance with Part 46 & 48 as assigned by production and safety management.
- Participate in assigned local quarry and mine safety audits, track results, provide local leadership and follow up on all action items.
- Monthly, provide location leadership an update on safety observations and near misses.
- Assist in the development of annual refresher training and participate in the training process.
- Assist in identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of hazard resolution.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of mine experience required
- MSHA Blue card preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Safety Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Decision Making
- High Sense of Urgency
- Drive for Results
- Relationship Building
This job operates 90% of the time in mining locations to include quarries, mines and remote offices. 10% of the time will be in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel will be frequent and primarily within the Division and assigned District. Out-of-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.