Roadway Project Manager
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Ranked 30th on Engineering News-Record’s 2018 Top 500 Design firm list, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is seeking a Roadway Project Manager to be a part of our Dallas Transportation Team. Ideal candidates will demonstrate expertise with TXDOT and public works infrastructure projects. The Roadway Project Manager will provide engineering design and oversight in the successful delivery of transportation and public works projects throughout Texas as well as leading and mentoring project teams in design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and freeway projects for TXDOT, municipalities, counties, and toll and transit agencies. Example experience will include:
- Leading plan production for conventional design-bid-build and/or design-build highway projects
- Managing three to four direct reports
- Working with a team of engineers and planners to develop strategies and teaming arrangements to pursue projects
- Developing pursuit capture plans
- Reviewing the work of other professionals, including QA/QC of plans and specifications, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties
- Having a broad understanding of roadway design, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, structures and traffic-related items
Minimum professional requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Texas, or the ability to obtain a Texas PE license within four months of hire
- 15 years of experience working on roadway design projects (TxDOT projects preferred)
- Demonstrated success in the delivery of transportation projects and programs