Works under minimal direction to provide engineering skills and support within a biomedical or clinical engineering laboratory, or research setting.
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree in biomedical, physics, or engineering discipline and two (2) years year related experience. Advanced degree maybe used in lieu of experience.
- Provides technical engineering expertise in the performance of laboratory experiments, data collection, and analysis.
- Selects and determines procedures in approach to research investigation and in design of instrumentation to achieve assigned investigational goals.
- Makes and records observations and measurements.
- Compiles and collates resulting experimental data.
- Sets up and operates equipment, instrumentation, and other investigational apparatus. Researches options and makes recommendations for new equipment and supplies.
- Assembles, erects, or fabricates equipment in accordance with specifications for analyzing data samples.
- Performs statistical and other analyses and prepares technical reports regarding methodology and results.
- May provide working supervision to technicians or research personnel of lower grade.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Work requires thorough knowledge of electronic test equipment, biomedical recording equipment, microprocessor-based instruments, and like.
- Work requires verbal, computer, and other technical skills.
- Work requires skill to fabricate adapters, mounts, etc.
- Work requires ability to skillfully operate manual hand and power tools.
- Work requires skill to write and modify computer software.
- Work requires ability to multitask.
- Work requires wide range of physical activities.
Work is performed primarily in clinical and/or medical research laboratory with frequent exposure to moving mechanical and electrical parts and occasional exposure to noise and hazardous equipment or materials.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT
Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/