Come join the Critical Care Nursing Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
Salary Range: $26.50 - $50.82/hour, commensurate with working experience
Full Time: 7 PM -7 AM for a total of 36 hours a week with some weekends and holidays
The PCCU Surgical Telemetry Unit is searching for a Registered Nurse who maintains a high degree of confidentiality, possesses positive interpersonal skills and is customer service focused. This unit is a 35-bed unit in the Hamon Tower. We specialize in the care of cardiovascular surgical patients, thoracic surgical patients, vascular surgical patients, Cath lab patients, heart failure patients, pace makers, and all cardiac conditions. This unit is a high acuity telemetry unit that signifies a reduced nurse to patient ratio. We have self-scheduling which helps with the work/life balance as well. Our patient ratio is 5:1.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Associate's Degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing program
- BSN preferred. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
- One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
- One-year experience of progressive Cardiac care strongly preferred
- Three-year of Medical/Surgical experience and one year of Telemetry preferred
- RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
- RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (AHA)Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
- CPI-Crisis Prevention Intervention training within 60 days of hire is required
- BCMSN-Board Certified Medical-Surgical Nurse is Preferred
- CRRN-Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse is preferred
- PCCN-Progressive Care Certified Nurse is preferred
- The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
- The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
- The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient's affiliations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®“ (5th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker's Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare“ (4th year in a row)
- Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work“ by Glassdoor
- A “Best Workplaces in Texas“ by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
- 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma“ by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
- A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
- A 2019 “America's Best Employers for Diversity“ list by Forbes