Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is a new state of the art surgical hospital in the Dallas' Uptown area. Specialties and services will include Orthopedic, Spine, Pain Management, General Plastic, and Ear, Nose and Throat surgery. Our mission is to provide first-class services for the local community in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is a part of United Surgical Partners International (USPI). USPI owns and operates multiple surgical hospitals and ambulatory surgical care centers throughout the United States and London; with headquarter located in Addison, TX.
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, this position is responsible for daily maintenance of the patient registration, patient check in, collections of financial responsibility and all aspects of the patient access process. This includes strategizing and problem solving and ensuring high levels of customer service with scheduling coordinators from all doctors' offices and scheduling staff. The Registration Coordinator interfaces with patients and families, physicians and staff; admit patients and process their paperwork, update patient demographics/information in the PAS system, collect monies due and document in the PAS billing system. Answers main switch board of all incoming calls and transfers calls to correct department and/or staff member.
Successful candidate will possess outstanding leadership, communication, multi-tasking abilities and outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to diffuse conflicts efficiently with strategy. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2-4 years of hospital or medical office experience required
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the hospital as a whole
- Professional appearance
- Strong medical terminology
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills
- Must be able to type 45 wpm
- Must have the skills necessary to operate office equipment that are required to fulfill job duties
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets priorities and organizes work
- Answers heavy incoming phone calls
- Admit patients and process admission paperwork
- Verifies information being entered into the PAS system is correct, i.e. spelling of name, DOB, gender, insurance information, etc.
- Ensuring all necessary paper work for any patient 'add-on' is received by the appropriate staff
- Communicates changes to schedule to appropriate staff
- Ensures all required fields in Cerner are completed prior to admitting patient
- Works closely with PAT Coordinator and clinical staff to avoid equipment or supply conflicts
- Cross trains with other areas within the Business Office
- Completes consents and ensures accuracy before submitting to the chart builder
- Promote positive relationships with patients, family members, working peers, and physicians throughout the hospital