Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Uptown is a new state of the art surgical hospital in the Dallas' Uptown area. Specialties and services will include Orthopedic, Spine, Pain Management, General Plastic, and Ear, Nose and Throat surgery. Our mission is to provide first-class services for the local community in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
Baylor Medical Center at Uptown is a part of United Surgical Partners International (USPI). USPI owns and operates multiple surgical hospitals and ambulatory surgical care centers throughout the United States and London; with headquarter located in Addison, TX.
Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Uptown is currently seeking a Radiology Technician in the Imaging Department for PRN opportunities.
The Radiology Technician will perform multiple vascular and interventional procedures under the direction of radiologists and specialized physicians, including operation of special imaging and radiology equipment. Skilled at sterile field assistance during operating room and pain management procedures. Maintains a professional relationship with physicians and staff.
- Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following: IV and contrast administration, orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology, operating room Radiology, trauma Radiology, GI Radiology, outpatient and inpatient diagnostic Radiology, myelography and arthrography.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment; explain x ray procedures to patients; position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient condition to attending medical staff.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
- Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
- Consult with lead x-ray tech and radiologist to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
- Process film in accordance with standardized procedures and maintain assigned work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Strong OR skills a must with experience using both Siemens and OEC c-arms
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- AART Registered and CPR Current.
- Must have a current Texas state license (MRT)
- One-year hospital experience required (3+ years preferred)
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations.