As the Proposal Manager, you will help ensure profitable selling by supporting Digital Realty's sales professionals in responding to qualified RFIs/RFPs. We help our sales team members efficiently respond to RFXs by managing baseline materials, guiding the response process, and communicating Digital Realty's value proposition. Juggling multiple deadlines, setting priorities, and, most important, communicating competing demands is critical. An important function for this role is to manage and extend the company's bid management tool (currently Loopio). The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work well with all levels of the organization, be detail-oriented, and proficient in MS Office products and RFP response tools.
- Manages a broad spectrum of bid responses from single-page persuasive summaries to multi-tab Excel documents with supporting technical documents.
- Conveys a strong knowledge of RFx and proposal process and provides recommendations of how best to respond given schedule and resource constraints
- Coordinates proposal process, following standard procedures, including planning, review, and production of client deliverables
- Provides final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, RFx compliance, and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Verifies that complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable and compelling.
- Manages and extends the company's use of bid management tools to reduce response times.
- Works collaboratively with sales engineering, portfolio management, security, compliance and other groups to efficiently respond to RFxs
- Track and analyze bid management effectiveness to determine readiness and prioritize resources
- Maintain proposal resources and content repositories for ease of access and use by the Sales team
- Respond to regular and ad hoc requests from the sales and client teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Experience responding to RFXs in technology, real estate, or financial services sectors desired. Federal government bid experience a plus.
- Strong project management experience with ability to anticipate problems and roadblocks required
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion is critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to create cross-departmental relationships, lead projects with diverse teams, and influence decision making with senior-level audiences
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- MS Office proficiency and RFP response software experience required
- Fluency with Salesforce, understanding record relationships and reporting
- Fluency with SharePoint a plus
- Demonstrated strength in business writing
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Job Location Dallas, Texas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular