Position is Portfolio Property Manager. Under general supervision and in association with the Board of Directors, plans, directs, recommends, and implements policies and procedures to ensure the services required to maintain the common elements of the Association are provided in a first-class manner and in accordance with community rules and regulations.
This is a hands-on leadership position responsible for overseeing the operational, administrative, financial, human resources, maintenance and security functions of the community. The position requires the Portfolio Property Manager to be on call 24-hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency consultation in the event of incidents requiring management intervention. All services of the Portfolio Property Manager are under the direct supervision of Castle Management and are performed as stated, in the Management agreement between the governing Board of Directors and Castle Management, LLC.
The Portfolio Property Manager also provides exemplary service in a manner consistent with the values and mission of the Castle Group. He or she performs all responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills representative of Castle Royal Service as it relates to this function. This includes working inter-departmentally, as well as, with our external customers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (May include some or all of the following as applicable)
- Supervises hiring and management of direct employees and supervises selection and management of outside vendor staffing to assure personnel capable of meeting the community’s goals and high standards in a hospitable, sensitive and courteous manner.
- Schedules and/or reviews staff assignments to assure adequate coverage while being conscious of working within the assigned budget.
- Works under direction of Castle Management in meeting guidelines of the Board of Directors.
- Plans, directs and oversees implementation of comprehensive systems for protection of the community assets and records of the Association in a professional manner.
- Inspects community and facilities in order to determine maintenance and security needs and directs inspection of premises to detect hazards and to ensure that safety rules are posted and enforced.
- Documents, interviews and assists residents regarding complaints about direct employees and vendor staff conduct.
- Promptly investigates and makes a full written report of all accidents or claims for property damage and personal injury relating to the ownership and maintenance of the common elements and operation of the Association, including damage or destruction to common elements.
- Prepares reports and insurance claims for damages to Association property, including estimated cost of repair, and causes repairs to be made in accordance with the Board of Directors’ approval.
- Prepares posting of the agenda for meetings of the Association and committee meetings, supervises file and record management and attends meetings of the Board of Directors and Annual or Special Meetings
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial reports and reviews same for accuracy and variance trends.
- Provides a monthly management report to the Board of Directors with recommendations, as appropriate, to enhance community appearance, values and promote harmony among residents.
- Provides a one-page, weekly report to the Board of Directors briefly summarizing the past weeks major events and provides a prioritized Action List to focus on all projects/duties within the community and the assigned task holder.
- Maintains a professional relationship with the Board of Directors and homeowners, whose requests for services shall be received and recorded so that requests can be acted upon expeditiously. Any serious complaint shall be fully and promptly investigated and reported to the Board of Directors.
- Prepares operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention, firefighting, traffic control and parking control.
- Prepares the Annual Budget and coordination of Board Meetings, taking board meeting minutes if necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining organization and secure keeping of blue prints, maps, plans, etc.
- Prepares recommendations for collection action on delinquent accounts and acts as liaison with legal department and Association counsel and Board.
- Performs violation inspections when task not assigned to an Assistant Property Manager and maintains accurate records to follow up on rule violations. Acts as liaison with counsel if legal action is required.
- Monitors compliance with Rules and Regulations and implements procedures for handling violations. Drafts and signs correspondence and required notices in connection with homeowners who are in violation of the Declaration and Rules and Regulations.
- Solicits bids for maintenance, construction and other community projects, and participates in selection of contractors and vendors for furnishing of landscape maintenance, janitorial and maintenance services, water, electricity, gas, telephone, pool maintenance, exterminator service, repairs or reconstruction of structural improvements, preventive maintenance, and such other services deemed to be in the best interests of the Association and necessary in order to administer the Association in a first-class manner in accordance with the Declaration.
- Supervises and monitors contractors rendering services to the Association and inspects the repair and maintenance of equipment and building components and reviews invoices to confirm work completion and contract compliance.
- Reviews and approves payroll for all direct employees and reviews and codes vendor invoices before payment.
- Tracks all architectural change requests by homeowners and inspects for compliance upon completion.
- Communicates to the Board of Directors and homeowners, events that will affect their use and enjoyment of the Association’s facilities.
- Communicates to the community ideas to help it prepare and cope with weather related events, including assisting with hurricane preparation and implementation of preparedness protocol as designed and approved.
- Maintains Association’s website.
- Ensures that team members follow all safety precautions and procedures while performing duties.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Active CAM License preferred but not required; High school diploma required. Associates degree with concentration in business preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two (2) to three (3) years, of Portfolio Management, CAM or related business experience, or more depending on the community, are required. Outstanding customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Advanced command of computer hardware/software is required; specifically, knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Multiple language fluency may be required or preferred, depending on community.
Travel and availability requirements:
May be required to travel for training sessions off-site on an as needed basis. May be occasionally required to cover for staff at other communities within a reasonable commuting distance when needed. Ability to work extended hours and weekends based on project requirement. Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner, 24-7.
Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.; work in an upright standing or sitting position for long periods of time, will fluctuate day by day; Handle, grasp and lift objects and packages; extensive use of fingers for typing and visual use of the computer monitor. Reach with hands and arms; Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word. Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions; Complete all required forms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work will be divided between indoor and outdoor work. The proportion of indoor to outdoor work will fluctuate. May be exposed to weather conditions such as heat, cold or rain while working outdoors.
Disclaimer: This is not an all-inclusive job description. In addition, management has the right to change any portion of this job description at any time and for any reason.