This position works under minimal supervision to the Vice-Chair and/or Business unit Administrator in project development while exercising independent judgment and authority as required.
Experience and Education
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Education/Social Science, or related field, and five (5) years’ experience in appropriate field. MBA preferred. PMI or PMP certification preferred.
- Ensures comprehensive, consistent messages are well-suited to target audiences and represent the views of the department.
- Analyzes qualitative and quantitative data to improve communication strategies, the effectiveness of programs or operations in meeting established goals and objectives and integrates information.
- Independently defines goals to be met and recommends course of action for short- and long-term strategies.
- Develops detailed plans, goals and objectives for long-range implementation, administration and change for the Department, as outlined by leadership.
- Exercises decision-making and problem-solving skills to manage portfolio of projects to include all process development initiatives from design to implementation. Serves as point-of-contact for the business unit for the receipt, coordination and analytical preparation of information. Tasks include, but not limited to monitoring and maintaining all project intake submissions, establishment of work-flows across the business unit as a whole which includes ambulatory, basic and clinical science, and administrative.
- Develops and maintains project work plans to measure and manage progress against budgets, project scopes, goals, timelines and deliverables clearly communicating project expectations to team members and management.
- Responsible for planning, creating and maintaining business unit website and pages, many of which combine text with sounds, pictures, graphics and video clips according to UT standards. Responsible for creating the design and layout of website and/or web pages. Tasks include but not limited to working on a brand new website or updating an existing site. Ensures that the business unit's messages are well-suited to target audiences and represent the views of the organization; analyzes data to improve communication strategies; to ensure the effectiveness of programs or operations in meeting established goals and objectives of the business unit.
- Works with business unit leadership team to plan new ambulatory sites; working with Central Administration regarding real estate, creation of Epic business unit, chart of accounts, etc. Researches, analyzes, distills and presents complex information in a variety of areas, (e.g., basic research, clinical research, ambulatory and/or administrative). Tasks include, but not limited to qualitative/quantitative analysis, communication strategies; ability to edit manuscripts and other documents written by subject-matter experts, etc.
- Assists in defining goals to be met on major program issues, recommends courses of action and implements the course of action chosen by business unit leadership. Develops detailed plans, goals and objectives for long-range and short-range implementation, administration and change for the business unit.
- Provides standard and ad hoc reports to business unit leadership as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work requires good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work requires ability to read, write, analyze data, develop plans and procedures, and coordinate resources to accomplish goals.
- Work requires responsibility for review, recommendation, development, and implementation of policies related to program.
- Work requires responsibility for development, maintenance, and tracking of program accounts/budgets.
Work is performed primarily in general office or health care environment.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/