Job ID: 58392
At Children's Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members to reach their highest potential.
Since 2009, we have held the ANCC Magnet® designation for nursing excellence. We are nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report, serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and are recognized for quality care in every specialty.
For nine consecutive years, Children's Health has been recognized as one of the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker's Hospital Review. This esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and beyond other organizations.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacy Technician III and Pharmacist, this job is responsible for preparing unit dose medications, compounds, sterile IV admixtures and TPN solutions, for filling unit does patient cassette units, for computer order entry and for providing technical support as needed.
Position is for the Dallas Specialty Center, Infusion Pharmacy.
PRN position with variable hours days/nights/weekends.
SOME HIGHLIGHTED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare drug products for checking and dispensing by pharmacist, preparation includes selecting and preparing unit dose medication, compounding, repackaging and drawing up patient-specific doses; assure accuracy of the preparation for checking by pharmacist; maintain professional / ethical standards by complying with laws and regulations related to pharmacy practice, using good professional judgment, exhibiting reliability and credibility, demonstrating empathy for patients and maintaining confidentiality; complete required documentation and prepare meals for IV and cart fill needs.
- Answer department telephones and assist pharmacist with responding to inquiries.
- Perform computer entry for missing doses, patient charge and credits and other documentation.
- Deliver or restock medications; deliver pharmacist code box; assist in maintaining overall cleanliness and organization of work areas as well as maintaining a continuous level of readiness for inspection by external groups; perform other duties and special projects as required.
- At least 2 years of pharmacy-related work experience, preferred.
- Sterile compounding experience, preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One-year Vocational / Technical School degree preferred
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
- Registration as a Pharmacy Technician by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy Registration is required
- IV Certification is required
- Maintenance of the CPhT is preferred
- Chemotherapy Certification preferred
Job Family Allied Health Expertise Allied Health - Pharmacy Job Type PRN/Temporary Location Dallas, Texas