The Pharmacy Technician works under the supervision and direction of a pharmacist in providing pharmacy services, inventory management and completing pharmacy duties in accordance with state or federal Pharmacy laws. The incumbent will provide professional, courteous and efficient customer service to Pharmacy customers. The Pharmacy Technician performs limited pharmacy services and duties associated with the stocking, preparation, labeling, dispensing and delivery of medications, including sterile admixtures and prepackaged or unit dose drugs under the close supervision of a pharmacist. The essential functions of the Pharmacy Technician include the following:
- Assists in filling, preparing and delivery of medications
- Packages and labels medications appropriately
- Compounds medications
- Compounds or admixes ingredients appropriately under the supervision of the pharmacist.
- Compounds extemporaneous medications for dispensing, cart fill and sterile preparation.
- Determines the appropriate formula for drug to be compounded, and weighs and accurately measures needed amounts.
- May perform IV admixtures using aseptic techniques and in compliance with accepted regulatory standards.
- May enter medication orders from doctors' order sheets/prescriptions and fills according to label, ensuring that the correct product is dispensed and that the dosage form and charge quantity are in accordance with formulary; enters correct billing data.
- Performs designated tasks regarding pharmacy quality control, management of pharmacy records, inventory control and preparation of order for drugs.
- Assists in maintaining pharmacy drug stock by regularly checking for products that are outdated and/or low in inventory level.
- Assists with the essential functions related to drug purchasing and inventory control in an appropriate manner (ex. ordering and receiving of medications and supplies).
- Labels and stocks shelves
- Stores IV's and supplies appropriately
- Monitors/checks appropriate storage of drugs
- Maintains automated dispensing inventories
- Communicates immediately with all appropriate staff members when inventory levels are low.
- Processes orders for stock medication from units or clinic areas in order to ensure good pharmacy service is provided.
- Helps patients and medical staff with non-judgmental questions under the direct supervision of a pharmacist preceptor.
- Supports pharmacy staff as requested.
- Creates and maintains medication records.
- Responsible for charges and credits of medicationsAnswers phone and directs calls appropriately.
- Maintains a clean pharmacyAssist in maintenance of Quality Assurance IndicatorsResolves discrepancies, troubleshoots and runs reports from the automated dispensing machine (ADM).
The ideal Pharmacy Technician will have strong and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Location/Facility Dallas, Tx ( BUMC)For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice Pharmacy( Inpatient)
- Shift/Schedule Evening shift 2:30pm -11:00pm - every other weekend
- Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nations exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it isaccepting a calling!
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 1 year experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Pharmacy Technician (PHT)