The Peri-Operative Family Liaison develops a support and communication program to promote family-centered care and coordinate family/caregiver involvement during the surgical visit. They will serve to improve patient/caregiver satisfaction with peri-operative services by helping to establish realistic expectations, keeping families informed throughout the day, and providing a channel through which questions, concerns and special needs may be addressed. This person should be very customer service oriented and must have a strong knowledge of Surgical Services.
- Must have experience in the Surgical Services environment.
- Must have experience successfully dealing with patients and their family members.
- Completion of high school or GED equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of healthcare experience.
- Current BLS required
- Ability to communicate at all levels effectively.