Applies basic technical skills and knowledge in original equipment manufacturing of paint preparation. Performs initial surface preparation and other detailed work operations required to be completed in this area of specialization
- Sanding as required to remove old paint and other surface materials that may interfere with paint application.
- Fill surface imperfections with specified material and sand as appropriate to promote smooth finish.
- Perform minor assembly of parts, components and subsystems using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope to apply primer, topcoat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to aircraft parts consistent with government, customer and company standards.
- Mask and tape components as necessary to prevent paint overspray and allow for multiple color application.
- Read and interpret specifications and documents to define the scope of work on work orders.
- The individual is required to be a supportive member of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) and Quality System policies to provide a safe work place and eliminate conditions and behaviors which may cause work related illnesses and/or injuries while delivering quality product and services on time.
Candidate must successfully complete FAA drug screening test and have no violations of FAA agency regulations documented in the records of drug and alcohol testing carried out by previous employers during the previous two years. This position is a safety sensitive position covered under FAA, subject to ongoing random drug and alcohol screening program. This includes being tested for Marijuana, Cocaine, PCP, Opiates & Amphetamines or a metabolite of these drugs.
- Must meet the physical requirements and be certified to wear respirator.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis using proper lifting techniques
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suit (Word, Excel) preferred.
- Must be willing to work any shift
- 1 year of direct experience
- work on applied coatings to aircraft parts consistent with government, customer and company standards
- Work shift 5:30-3:00pm