Cardiovascular Provider Resources has an excellent full time employment opportunity, with benefits, for an experienced Medical Assistant at the Baylor HeartPlace clinic located in Dallas, TX. Prior recent working experience in a clinical front office capacity is required. Experience in cardiology is preferred.
Performs selected nursing and administrative/clerical duties that assist in patient care management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides excellent customer service and the highest quality patient care.
2. Assists patient to exam rooms.
3. Takes patient vital signs (blood pressure, heart rate, weight, etc.)
4. Verifies and inputs patient medications into EMR. Making changes and additions as
needed to the medication list.
5. Responsible for EKG, rhythm strip, and signal average EKG hook-ups and printouts. (Proficiency Required)
6. Assists physicians with patient exams as needed.
7. Responsible for Holter monitor hook-ups and removals, event recorders and Loop recorders. (Proficiency Required)
8. Ability to perform stress tests as needed and to assist in test interpretation.
9. Maintains cleanliness and supplies in patient exam rooms.
10. Takes pharmacy phone calls, reviews charts, and calls in prescription refills.
11. Monitors pharmacy samples, removing from stock as expired.
12. Receives and returns phone calls from patients and other external sources. Receives
and returns portal messages in the EMR.
13. Pulls patient charts when necessary.
14. Uses the computer for patient inquiry and scheduling.
15. Follows all OSHA and other safety guidelines.
16. Maintains current CPR and Medical Assistant certification.
17. At all times protects the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) of patients per HIPAA regulations; does not normally have business need for seeing PHI of employees.
18. Actively demonstrates teamwork at all times.
19. Performs other duties as required.
20. May also be responsible for insurance pre-certification, prior authorization,
procedure/surgery scheduling and coordinating transfers and admissions.
21. Works onsite within the clinic during scheduled hours. Regular attendance is an
essential part of this role.
22. May be required to move between locations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
3. Current Medical Assistant certification, or must obtain within 90 days of hire date.
4. Current BCLS certification.
5. Minimum one year medical assistant experience. Cardiology practice experience
6. Fluently speaks, reads, and writes English.
7. Understanding of OSHA requirements in a clinical setting.
8. Understanding of HIPAA requirements.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
10. Ability to meet physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to: standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, transporting supplies or equipment, walking for extended periods of time, and occasionally lifting and carrying items which may weigh up to 50 pounds.
11. Vision and hearing must be within or correctable to within normal range.
1. Long periods of standing or sitting.
2. Normal range of hearing, voice, and vision to perform work and communication.
3. Repetitive use of hands and fingers (e.g. use of computer keyboard).
4. Ability to travel to off-site clinics.
5. Busy, complex office environment requiring detailed, focused attention.
6. Normal office environment with minimal discomfort due to noise, temperature or dust.
7. Ability to meet physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to: standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, transporting supplies or equipment, walking for extended periods of time, and occasionally lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying items which may weigh up to 40 pounds.
8. Vision (including the discernment of color) and hearing must be within or correctable to within normal ranges.
9. Ability to perform the essential functions of the job description with or without accommodation. (Note any requested accommodations below.)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
We do not require COVID vaccination, but do encourage it.