The Medical Assistant I performs various patient care duties and prepares patient for examinations and procedures. The Medical Assistant I may assist in cleaning exam rooms and equipment, documentation, laboratory functions, ordering medical supplies, and/or providing other services under supervision of Physician and/or technician.
- Prepare patient for examination by assessing condition, taking vital signs, and/or documenting medical record.
- May assist Physician and/or technician with procedure(s).
- May monitor response to treatment and medication.
- Document patient results.
- Administer medication and/or injections. May setup IV if necessary.
- May perform routine laboratory functions such as obtaining specimens and ordering analysis.
- Prepare Examination Rooms by arranging sterile instruments on tray and/or Stocking Rooms with medical supplies.
- Clean and maintain Laboratory, Exam Room, and/or other equipment.
- Perform quality control procedures on equipment and/or report any issues.
- Schedule referral appointments, CT scans, MRI, and/or other procedures.
- May educate patient and family regarding plan of treatment or procedure.
- Assist with front office duties as needed.
The ideal candidate for the Medical Assistant I holds a BLS certification, and have a High School Diploma/GED equivalent. Certified Medical Assistant is preferred for the role.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Family Practice
- Shift/Schedule - Day shift
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 90 days of hire