At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Oversees the management and facilitates production and quality within contracted facilities. Ensures customer's expectations are met by managing activities and complying with contractual obligations. Provides on-site support, training and communication to contracted facilities SPD management and personnel. Ensures SPD compliance with the Department of Health, JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facility policies and procedures. If assigned to travel, this position may require up to100% travel.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of the OR/SPD Division's processes and the ability to manage, train and implement in a contracted facility.
- Develops and enforces the implementation of policies, new processes, procedures, product conversions, new services and programs in conjunction with the contract and IMS to improve client service.
- Implements an efficient means of communicating with contracted facility, IMS employees, and IMS management to ensure quality. Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with contracted facility management to provide timely updates of project objectives and resolve any barriers. Conducts meetings with IMS employees on a regular basis to communicate timely updates of project objectives and resolve any barriers.
- Interviews, hires, assists with training, coaches and disciplines employees to meet company objectives and customer requirements. Direct manages personnel of contracted facility if outsourced.
- Provides weekly updates to DSPW and submits to IMS Corporate in a timely manner.
- Reviews/updates the implementation plan weekly to ensure target dates are met and barriers identified.
- Abides by all company and contracted facility safety and health policies, and procedures.
- Maintains professional relationships with all contracted facilities departments, as necessary and within contractual guidelines, to ensure effective, efficient support to the patient caregivers as it relates to the scope of the contract.
Duties - cont'd
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the facility contract and the project implementation plan.
- Educates and assists in training of client facility management staff in all aspects of contracted services. Conducts facility employee assessment to develop baseline knowledge level to identify opportunities for education/training to improve SPD processes.
- Manages contracted facilities within budget as specified in facility contract and initial costing performance statements; maintain systems for the preservation of IMS and client facility resources such as surgical instrumentation.
- Resolves client issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Submits and tracks contracted facility productivity and statistical reports to IMS and client as necessary.
- Ensures proper operational processes are followed by all members of the IMS team in conjunction with the Department of Health JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, AAMI, AORN standards and facilities goals and policies.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of all administrative documents and functions (time records, count sheets, inventories, billing, etc.) required by the contracted facility and IMS corporate.
- Ensures proper training of IMS employees. Ensures that monthly in-service programs are being conducted and documented.
- Ensures proper IMS coverage at the facility.
- Provides supervision and coordination of SPD team including coordinators and technicians at the assigned facilities. May supervise facility staff if contract calls for outsourcing.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of Sterile Processing Department experience required
- 2 years in an SPD supervisory/leader position.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; instrument tracking systems and employee management systems.
- Must be capable of learning additional software as required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Active certification in sterile processing/central sterile via CBSPD or IAHCSMM required.
- If not certified at point of hire, it must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Additional certification for SPD Management/Leadership is preferred.
- If assigned to travel, must maintain valid driver's license, vehicle insurance and be available to operate a vehicle as needed to meet travel requirements.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Extensive medical instrument knowledge.
- Knowledge of sterilization and processing equipment.
- Knowledge of healthcare logistics and supply chain management.
- Extensive knowledge of Sterile Processing, Operating Room and Material Management functions.
- Must meet with contracted and potential clients, develop and consult on presentations relating to the department's functions. Must possess the ability to teach central processing certification courses.
- Ability to manage the day-to-day operations of multiple healthcare central sterile/sterile processing departments; ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environmenton a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, talk, see & hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical Technologist, Sterile Processing, Medical, Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Healthcare, Management, Operations