Requisition Number: MANAG01658
This position is responsible to the Project Manager, Central Regional Wastewater System for the planning, organization and direction of the Maintenance Department of the System while maintaining strict controls over work quality output. The position must be familiar with all Asset Management principles so that the maintenance program is efficiently and effectively managed.
SALARY Hiring Minimum $83,967 to Maximum $130,149 commensurate with experience and skill set (includes an excellent benefit package with 24 days of PTO, employer paid health and life insurance, pension plan and more).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directs the Maintenance Department, Liquids and Solids Divisions and the Electrical and Electronics Divisions.
2. Coordinates maintenance activities with the Operations Department to ensure optimum process and equipment are available at all times.
3. Ensures that proper safety practices and procedures are observed and enforced.
4. Plans and coordinates the maintenance training programs within the Department. Plans and coordinates the transition of equipment from construction projects to plant maintenance.
5. Maintains all plant assets through the Maintenance Management System incorporating asset management principles. Utilizes Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)management principles and techniques to optimize the maintenance program.
6. Prepares budget estimates and Maintenance Department cost controls in all assigned accounts.
7. Responds to serious malfunctions of equipment and other emergencies at any time of the day or night.
8. Directly supervises a group of supervisory level employees to include hiring, training, scheduling and performance evaluation. Assumes the responsibility of Project Manager as required, and assists in the development of employee processes, procedures, and guidelines.
9. Identifies and implements energy conservation program initiatives (Electrical) for the Central Regional Wastewater System.
10. Assists TRA Project Managers in the development and implementation of Maximo Planning & Scheduling initiatives.
11. Supports the Assistant Northern Region Manager in establishing RCM Metrics, Reports, and Maximo workflow Planning & Scheduling.
12. Conducts annual electrical safety (Lock-Out/Tag-out (LOTO)) program audits for all Northern Region Projects (reports results to the Project Manager, and Assistant Northern Region Manager).
Regularly has full personnel management responsibilities including approving time, selection, discipline, grievances and formal performance evaluations for a position’s direct and indirect reports.
Prepares department budget estimates.
(required level of education)
Bachelor's degree required. Degree in engineering or management preferred.
(minimum years and types of related experience required)
Five years of experience in a related field with three years of supervisory experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
(any specialized certifications licenses or registrations required by TRA or other authority in order to do the job, including those the incumbent must be able to obtain)
Valid Texas driver's license.
(Information or facts than employee must know in order to be able to perform the work)
Must be familiar with Maximo or other asset management software. Must be familiar with asset management principles.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(developed capability to use or apply knowledge effectively or dexterity/coordination in the performance of physical tasks)
Ability to supervise technical employees while maintaining high levels of quality control in all areas of responsibility.
Guided by Department Goals and Priorities. Makes decisions that are guided by overall Departmental goals, priorities and policies. Job requires interpreting goals and priorities into action steps and delegating responsibility for completion; has broad latitude in regard to methods and approaches but must obtain approval for actions that have policy, service or cost implications.
This position requires moderate physical exertion with general mobility for routine inspections and lifting requirements up to 10 pounds daily and 25 pounds monthly.
Working conditions include exposure to weather, odor, chemical hazards, gases and dust.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Various maintenance tools and equipment, office equipment, cell phone and Authority vehicles.