Experience and Education
High school graduation, vocational school or GED equivalent, and two years experience in performing variety of semi-skilled maintenance and repair work preferred not required; Basic knowledge of use and safety with hand tools and power.
Must have and maintain a State of Texas driver's license.
- Installs and/or repairs locks, door closures and window shades.
- Performs rough painting, concrete laying and patch plastering.
- Assists plumbers by unstopping sinks, commodes, hand basins and sewer lines.
- Performs semi-skilled tasks in construction, repair and maintenance of wooden structures and articles.
- Makes minor repairs and adjustments to electrical equipment and appliances.
- Assists with the replacement of belts, filters, couplings, gaskets, pulleys, bearings and motors on a variety of mechanical equipment utilizing the tools of the trade.
- Assists with the repairs and/or replacement of valves, fittings, pipes, controls, heat exchangers and associated components of steam, chill water and hot water systems.
- Makes minor adjustments to equipment such as belt and pulley alignments, coupling alignments and ensuring that mechanical areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Monitors and maintains equipment daily while performing general maintenance tasks such as corrosion control and painting.
- Assists other shops with clean-ups and general support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.