Requisition Number: MXTRA02063
The Maintenance Instructor is responsible for the delivery of world-class training to Tech Ops crewmembers. This role will develop, teach, educate and coach JSX's Maintenance Training Program and related directed courses including, but not limited to: 14 CFR part 135, 145, and 91, Human Factors, HAZMAT Familiarization, Basic Aircraft Movement, Jacking of Aircraft, Suspected Unapproved Parts, General Maintenance Manual, Forms, Deferred Maintenance, MTLM, aircraft familiarization, Receiving Inspector, Airworthiness release, RII, and engine start/taxi/run. Additional curriculum and material may be required. This role is also expected to develop and maintain related course-ware, training aids, and related administrative processes and procedures. Reports administratively and functionally to the Chief Inspector.
- Develop, plan, deliver, present, review and test required maintenance training program courses in accordance with FAA guidance.
- Originate, analyze, update and maintain course-ware to support company maintenance training program
- Conceives, develops and fields new training content based upon end-user inputs, maintenance standards, performance feedback, student needs and curriculum alignment
- Advises VP Tech Ops, Director of Maintenance, and CI on technical and soft skills for screening of new hires
- Serve as subject matter expert and liaison and between students and company leadership on training issues
- Monitors, records, reports and remediates trainee performance in accordance with the company maintenance training program
- Acts as liaison to government oversight agencies and external providers of training products/services for maintenance training-related matters.
- Remain current to changes in company policies and providing training as required.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years air carrier M&E or MRO in the areas of Maintenance Planning & Scheduling, Production Control, Maintenance Production, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Material Control, Material Planning, Reliability, Maintenance Programs, or Technical Writing.
- Violation free FAA A&P license
About the Company:
JSX is more than just our name. Our focus is on providing simple and reliable air travel that reignites the wonder of flying, by bringing joy and inclusion back to hospitality and aviation; Otherwise known as a Joyful, Simple, Xperience.
We love our jobs, and we take our journey seriously. We are simply one team on one journey. Come mark your X.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, technical developments, etc). JSX seek to ensure affirmative action in order to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, as well as to ensure that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.