Maggiano’s Culinary Manager
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position is responsible for building relationships with internal business partners and facilitating effective communication to ensure quality of Culinary Operations and adherence to brand standards. Also responsible for coaching brand culinary standards at the restaurant level and with multi-unit operators. This position will also help with innovation research along with recipe modification.
Your Key Job Functions
- Nurture & establish positive & collaborative relationships with Operations, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance and Training that reflect standards of Brinker professionalism.
- Maintain professional relationships and process familiarity with key vendors.
- Foster an environment of open communication to ensure consistency in development of procedures and continuous process improvement. Information flow is timely and of high quality.
- Conduct presentations and communicate effectively with multiple internal departments.
- Partner with Operations Services and multi-unit leaders to deploy menu, promotional or other culinary roll-outs to the field.
- Responsible for follow-up post roll-out to ensure high execution.
- Culinary expertise: theoretical understanding and practical application of culinary principles.
- Organize and conduct product/recipes analysis, food product tastings and presentation.
- Input, review and refine culinary objectives to insure culinary integrity, operational feasibility, financial viability, and fit with menu strategy.
- Work in partnership with Culinary Operations to refine product specifications to deliver executional consistency and viability.
What You Bring to the Team
- Graduate of an accredited culinary school or equal work experience and on-the-job-training in comparable full service venues.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience as a chef in a high volume corporate restaurant.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn