Requisition Number: LEARN02066
About the team (Talent Acquisition):
Everyone on the team has a passion for people, and balances hard-work with an equal amount of fun! We drive not only the recruiting efforts for JSX across all departments, but we are also part of Corporate Soul - also known as “HR“ in other companies - meaning we work as a collective department, ensuring the wellbeing of all Crewmembers. This means a high level of professionalism and discretion at all times. Our team has an eye for detail and a passion for automation. Our main goal is to bring on top talent and never sacrifice. We align our human capital strategy to the business strategy, enabling the company to connect with customers and internal Crewmembers by attracting, developing and retaining a world-class workforce to drive growth.
The Leadership Development Specialist is responsible for development and delivery of effective leadership development & professional growth programs - to include live and virtual formats. Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition Team to attract, retain and develop top leadership talent. Create engaging solutions that deliver structured leadership development content across business units, and promote company's investment into internal growth opportunities and diversity goals. This role includes needs analysis, planning, understanding structures of roles & department, facilitate curriculum, and assessing results.
What makes a successful Learning & Development Specialist?
- Facilitate a best-in-class onboarding journey for new Crewmembers, delivering a fully immersive experience inclusive of company's values, mission, and corporate tenets
- Partner with others in Talent Acquisition to align solutions with internal & external recruiting efforts
- Create and promote diversity, inclusion, and equality programs that enhances company culture, promotes individual awareness, and strengthens an inclusive environment
- Utilize out-of-the-box problem solving methods to create and execute leadership development plans
- Ongoing, consistent collaboration with department leadership, Talent Acquisition, and Corporate Soul to determine skill gaps and create/present content to bridge those gaps, creating a promotion pipeline of qualified internal Crewmembers
- Develop & deliver top-quality, coherent and concise curriculum, training materials, and lesson plans that support the training and development strategy and improve overall leadership capabilities
- Collaborating with individual department trainers and ensure all new Crewmember are on track with the position-specific & company required training, as well as professional growth workshops
- Deliver learning experiences to develop leaders who model and drive inclusive behaviors
- Ensure learning materials are current, track attendance, and monitor completion of all company-required courses
- Facilitate logistics of scheduled trainings and workshops
- Experience facilitating corporate workshops, both in-person & virtually
- Phenomenal communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Adaptive thinker, driven, and team-oriented
- Effective communicator with a positive attitude, a process optimization mindset, and a versatile coaching style
Preferred Education & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/Learning and Development/Organizational Development/Communications; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with utilization of Learning Management Systems
- Hospitality, Air Travel, or service industry background
- Demonstrated extracurricular involvement/volunteerism
About the Company:
JSX is more than just our name. Our focus is on providing simple and reliable air travel that reignites the wonder of flying, by bringing joy, inclusion, and hospitality back to aviation; Otherwise known as a Joyful, Simple, Xperience. We love our jobs, and we take our journey seriously.
We are one team on one journey. Come mark your X.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, technical developments, etc).
JSX seeks to ensure affirmative action in order to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, as well as to ensure that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.