Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion, North America’s fastest-growing pet insurance provider, is looking for a team leader to drive company-wide engineering work for software integrations! This position requires experience building and consuming APIs, working with SQL databases, implementing integrations with internal systems and external commercial software, and leading a team of hardworking developers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design, implement, and test integrations between internal systems and 3rd party commercial software, including content management, marketing, communication, and analytics platforms
- Oversee day-to-day work of a growing team of developers
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and personnel management for the team
- Develop strong relationships with leaders and SMEs across the company to spec, design, and deliver integrations
- Work with Dev/IT management to meet company goals, hire new team members, and ensure team members’ career growth
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a development lead (technical leader and personnel manager)
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing software in C#/.NET for API/service scenarios (v4.5 or newer)
- Hands-on experience integrating and extending 3rd party commercial platforms through SDKs, REST APIs, and partner programs
- Experience with source control systems, release management, and source code configuration control
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven software engineering skills with C#/.NET, REST APIs, SQL Server, Microsoft Azure
- Leadership skills as a technical and personnel manager
- Ability to communicate effectively with the business analysts, program managers, business leaders, and SMEs to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Experience with source control systems, release management, and source code configuration control for web projects
- Deep knowledge and understanding of using S.O.L.I.D. principles to design software
- Proficient with the Agile methodology
- Knowledge of Twilio, Marketo, NICE inContact, Tealium, Qualitrics, or their equivalents a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.