Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is a new state of the art surgical hospital in the Dallas' Uptown area. Specialties and services will include Orthopedic, Spine, Pain Management, General Plastic, and Ear, Nose and Throat surgery. Our mission is to provide first-class services for the local community in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is a part of United Surgical Partners International (USPI). USPI owns and operates multiple surgical hospitals and ambulatory surgical care centers throughout the United States and London; with headquarter located in Addison, TX.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is currently seeking a Laboratory Tech in the Lab Department for PRN opportunities. The ideal candidate will provide knowledge regarding all laboratory testing within the scope of services. Develops policies and procedures to comply with all CLIA, The Joint Commission, and CAP requirements. Analyzes data and coordinates development of reports for Medical Director review and approval.
- Oversee correlation studies, linearity checks, and quality control monitors to assure compliance with CLIA, TJC, and CAP.
- Analyzes, summarizes test results on each point of care process and submits to Medical Director for review and approval.
- Recommends systems to track education/training needs, maintenance of machines, ordering of reagents, etc.
- Consults for troubleshooting as needed.
- Recommends supplies/equipment to enhance program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide exceptional customer service to patients, physicians, and staff
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to detect color and color changes.
- Excellent phlebotomy skills
- High School degree or equivalent.
- MLT or MT Certification required
- ASCP or AMT required
- A minimum of 1-2 years' experience in an accredited laboratory or in a hospital environment. Experience with Point of Care Testing.
- Knowledge of governmental and regulating policies/standards.